SAU Community

Urgent! My Car Got Egged, How Can I Fix It?

Akuma07

Hey guys

So I only just noticed that my car got egged, it would have happened last night as it's not possible it happened today.

That means the egg was on my car for about 20 hours before I noticed it.

I have just cleaned it off using car wash and a microfibre mit, but after drying I can see that the paint is slightly cracked. It is barely noticeable and you can only see it in certain light.

Will a good cut and polish get this out?

I have just applied some Maguires polish so I'll see how that goes.

Any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Mild stains which are left can be removed with a medium cut product such as ultimate compound if still relatively fresh.

Deep chips such as those through the paint left by the shell may not be able to be removed with anything bar respray.

I have repaired stains and lighter chips from incidents such as this via wet sand / Meguiars M105 combo many times previously with great results however have now flipped to other branded products because M105 is quite aggressive, but does not have a very long working time and dusts quite heavily.

• 3 months later...

Had this happen to my old Patrol once when I was at work, thankfully washed it off within hours.

Happened to my friends Valiant and the paint is now ruined where he missed a spot washing it off. If the paints literally cracked mate its gone sorry to say.

Eggining / keying / damageing someone elses car in any way is in my eyes thee LOWEST and most disgusting form of personal attack. If you know any mates who think this is a good idea of fun then smack their heads in.