SAU Community

Sau:sa Track Day #7 - With Passengers!

SAU-SA Exec

Ok guys, time for our first Track Day for 2013!

Since our previous two Track Days have been such a hit with the inclusion of passengers, we've decided to run the same format. As before, there's no cage needed, just a helmet each, long sleeves and pants with enclosed shoes, a Special Day License (if you purchased one at the last event, bring it along; it may still be valid), a waiver form and an extra bit of money to cover insurances and you can be blasting around Mallala with your mate in the passenger seat!
What could be better than that!?!?!?
As always, this will be a Grip only event so please no sliding; we have a great name as a club at Mallala and don't want to jeapordise it.
There are 22 spots up for grabs and will remain exclusive to SAU-SA members for the first two weeks. If your Membership has Lapsed you will also need to renew, which is $30 to do so.
After that, if spots aren't filled we will open up to general forum members. General users will have to Sign Up to SAU:SA and become Club Members at the Normal cost of $30 Membership and $15 Admin Fee.
You've got just over two months to prepare so no excuses that your cars aren't ready, book the time off and get into it! Tell your mates, bring your parents!
The total cost for the Day will be $250 (up from the usual $200 to cover the extra insurance needed for a Day like this) PLUS an extra $50 for a special AASA license to allow passengers. Once again, if you purchased one at the last event, bring it along; it may still be valid. If you have a CAMS license, you won't need to pay the extra $50.
Applications are available on the Day, so there's no worries there, just make sure you have the green stuff in hand.
Deposits will be needed as we need to secure the Track, this will be $150 and will need to be payable by April 15th (non refundable), as usual any problems with money, get in touch with us, we aren't monsters and understand things come up so we can work around it.
The remainder is due on the 1st May so you've got plenty of time to get the cash together.
Also to note lap timers can be hired from SAU:SA for the Day and at a very low cost of $50 per person. These are a great tool to help you learn what works and what doesn't on Track and just how things influence your times. They're also good for bragging to friends Please note if you want to hire one and we will mark you down on the list.
They've been quite popular in the past as those who have used them can attest to; payment for these is also due on the 15th April.
As usual, we like to reward our members and give something back so a free BBQ will also be available on the Day however drinks will be $1 per can.
** If you are intending to bring friends and or family, can you please make note of how many you intend to bring as a rough indication of just how much food for us to bring. **
SAUSA Payment details
Name: Skylines Australia - SA Chapter
BSB: 105 192
ACC: 028 822 340
Date: 15th May 2013
Attending
-------------
1) Ryan - ISC Performance - Paid in full
2) Shane Murphy (DriftingSA) - Paid in full
3) Steven - RBJETT - Paid in full
4) Brad - Tommy Kaira RL - Paid in full
5) DC_GTST - Paid in full (+ Timer)
6) DC_GTST +1 - Deposit Received (+ Timer)
7) John Munro - Paid in full
8) Japcoop - Paid in full
9) Krishy - Paid in full
10) illmatic - Paid in full (+ Timer)
11) Aberax - Paid in full
12) skylineking - Paid in full (+ Timer)
13) Snake-Eyes-Racing-1 - Paid in full (+ Timer)
14) Fliggy - Paid in full
15) Phil (33 GTR)
16) Phil's mate (33 GTSt)
17) Phils other mate (32 GTR)
18)
19)
20)
21)
22)
Reserves
1) Nick - R33 Sleeper
2) TheProDaniel
3)
4)

Just to clarify, is the $250 for people who want to drive? Does the passenger need to pay anything?

No, the driver is to pay the $250 as that is the cost to take the car out on track. There is also the day license at $50 which you pay on the day to Mallala themselves, unless you have a CAMS license or a valid AASA license.

If your membership to SAU:SA has lapsed, that will also be due before the day.

Both you and your passenger need to wear long sleeves and pants, enclosed shoes, and an ADR Helmet.

nothing stopping you from taking the R out there tim :P

Except the fact that I'm selling it and don't want to break anything before it's sold.

I asked the boss today (myself) If I could have the 15th off and I said yes. So I will be in for this one. It will be my first grip day out.

Will be good to see it out there Brad!

I will be there, havent decided yet if im going to take my car out on the track for a few laps or not

Put me down as a maybe for this stage. I've got a modern regularity the weekend before (11th May) that I'm aiming for so if money and work permits (I'm fairly sure I'll be away that week for work but I'll know in the next week or so for sure) I'll be there :)