SAU Community

R33 Dashboard Completed. What Do You Think ?

PLYNX

Hey guys finished my dash on my R33 and wonfdered what you thought ?

Boost guage / Cruise Control / Shift Light all mounted up !

The switches on the steering wheel operate the cruise control unit.

Thanks

post-6582-0-47096300-1363288761_thumb.jpg

post-6582-0-81407200-1363288783_thumb.jpg

You're very gifted in what you do Pete, along with your knowledge in plastics :yes:

I've been extremely impressed at how you made up from scratch, these hexagonal caps for my LMGT4 GT500 wheels below! :wub:

Terry-291.jpg

In fact, you were meticulous! :wub:

Terry-292.jpg

Your dash modification is superb!

nice work, those wheel caps are amazing...Is the steering wheel custom or just from another car?

I did much the same thing with my gauge by glueing on the little mounting cup that came with it :)

DSC05617_zps03f50625.jpg

Thanks Terry and guys.

Steering wheel is from a S15, air bag is from a R34 manual as is the clock spring to run the electrics for the crusie control.

Switches on the S/wheel are from a R34 auto.

ARTZ thats a nice piece of work also.

I wanted to keep the aircon vent sensor so I had to move it over to the left from where the boost guage sits now.

Nice work there! Could you do a fabrication build write up some time? I love learning how to do this kind of stuff.

+1 would love to also learn if you are willing to teach!

The cruise control unit its self is an aftermarket unit but I didnt want to put the extra control arm on my steering column surround as there is no real space for it.

Wiper side you cant see it and if you try and mount it on the blinker side arm the instructions are upside down.

I found a factory unit on a four door auto non Hicas R33 and tried to take it out but the wiring was a total nightmare.

It was wiried through the auto and had its own computer to run it.

As well as this it doesnt have the same clock spring arrangement like a Hicas fitted car but disc under the steering wheel to transfer the signals from the factory cruse switch on the original wheel.

I then striped the after market control arm ran off/on wires from it to the original dash switch and wires to the R34 clock spring wiring.

I reconfigured the auto switches so that left side is the SET/COAST function and the right side is the ACCELERATE/RESUME function.

Thats a shortened version of how I did it and let me say it was all b%$tard to figure out !

You Pete are guilty of the following adjectives...

* resourceful

* imaginative

* tenacious

* knowledgeable

* uncompromising

* meticulous

Have I missed anything? :whistling:

• 4 weeks later...

please don't tell me you bought that nismo boost gauge a couple of months back from yahoo auctions. i was fuming when i lost the bid >.<

but, regardless, very nice work!!

RB2600 - Nope wasnt me the Nismo guage ! But I got a spare one if you are interested !

sonicz - The bottons on the right turn the cruise unit off and on and the folding mirror switches are are next to them.

You cant see it because the angle of the photo hides it behind the steering wheel !

And all the R33s Ive seen have had them !

Looks very cool and professional. What are all those buttons on the right? Cruise control, fog lamps? where is your mirror adjustment knobs.

Are electric foldable mirrors a rare option on r33s?

Thought they were standard? Think all the 33's I've seen have had it. They were all turbo so not sure if that made a difference