SAU Community

Fatz Birthday Track Day Marulan Saturday 8 June

fatz

Sweet, I have transferred the money to you today. Looks like the list in the first post is full so Im on the reserve list?

i think there are a couple who can't make it so I'll swap you in for one of them

DRD-OOF send me a pm mate and we will arrange a swap for your spot

Just watch out for the Andrew character... He will be upside down after the first few laps!

First lap, first corner. Rollover and into a tree. Yeeeeewwww

great for first timers

probably the best day to go on if you are a firts timer

you can go out and do passenger laps to learn bad habbits from the faster people

Best bad habits are learnt from Fatz and Neil...

By that logic I'm racing right now.

Its the only racing you'll be doing now that you're skyline-less.

+1 For Harrys Lap Timer. Best time was 46.13 last Fatz day, but i now have R888s instead of RSRs, a tensioned strut brace and an extra degree of neg camber on the front, so should be faster.

SHOULD be faster mr stabby hehehehe

Matt do a search for Harry's lap timer at the iTunes App Store. Free version is all ya need.

Oh and yes I believe you can get it for the android as well

SHOULD be faster mr stabby hehehehe

Matt do a search for Harry's lap timer at the iTunes App Store. Free version is all ya need.

Oh and yes I believe you can get it for the android as well

Thanks mate, will do! Any testing in comparison to actual timing to check accuracy? Not that it matters for me as it probably doesnt record hours :laugh:

It's not too bad, sometimes drops out randomly but all in all not bad.

At wakie I was getting within 1/4-1/2 a second of official timers (Dorians etc) so for free it pretty good.

At least gives you an idea on wether you are improving

It's not too bad, sometimes drops out randomly but all in all not bad.

At wakie I was getting within 1/4-1/2 a second of official timers (Dorians etc) so for free it pretty good.

At least gives you an idea on wether you are improving

Sounds damn good! I guess as long as you have decent 3G connection?

Yeah pretty much, you can use a Tom Tom iPhone adapter for a better GPS lock if you wanna get serious but I would just just buy a proper timer if you were gonna do that.

Edit: there's a lot trees at marulan which dosent help with the GPS

Sounds damn good! I guess as long as you have decent 3G connection?

Nah it doesnt use 3G at all for timing, you just need a good GPS signal, and the one in the phone isnt great. Probably would be best to fix the phone under the windscreen somehow. It also uses a lot of power, so take a charger. I use the tomtom cradle, since i use the phone for satnav as well, and it works really well with that since its got a built in GPS and supplies power from the cig lighter socket.

BlackT - re: racechrono - i used to have that on a nokia phone years ago, and its worked well with an external bluetooth GPS. Let me know if you need to borrow the GPS, its a 5khz unit that was recommended by the racechrono guys back then.