SAU Community

Group Buy - Full Hd Ir Dash Cams

Frosty

I set mine up yesterday, seems I missed setting it up correctly, when the card got full it just stopped recording.

Downloading the software now to see what the vids are like after I played with some settings to see if I can get auto deletion going.

default setting is every 10mins a new file is written. Check in the software or look at the contents of card you will find files

Quality looks sweet. I'll be keen for the next group buy.

Did see a $60 special at jb's for a small similar unit. Have to see if it stacks up

Found it

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/car-sound/car-accessories/uniden-vehicle-accident-camera-with-night-vision/684868

Can someone advise the benefits of the group buy unit over this? Keen ez

Edited by barraspalding

Read the review left on that link. Think that explains why this one is better :yes:

"Now the BAD: optics! The most important feature of any camera - quality of video recording. Picture is rich with colors, but sharpness is very low. Almost like out of focus. You can see the number plates only when right behind at the traffic lights. Up to 720p it is bearable with refresh rate (no specs on this) yet jerky with some fast movements around (turning). Above 720p is too jerky (too low refresh rate "

"Now the BAD: optics! The most important feature of any camera - quality of video recording. Picture is rich with colors, but sharpness is very low. Almost like out of focus. You can see the number plates only when right behind at the traffic lights. Up to 720p it is bearable with refresh rate (no specs on this) yet jerky with some fast movements around (turning). Above 720p is too jerky (too low refresh rate "

EDITED coz im a twit....hahaha

Edited by Frosty

Quality looks sweet. I'll be keen for the next group buy.

Did see a $60 special at jb's for a small similar unit. Have to see if it stacks up

Found it

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/car-sound/car-accessories/uniden-vehicle-accident-camera-with-night-vision/684868

Can someone advise the benefits of the group buy unit over this? Keen ez

sinista has covered it from the reviews on JB