SAU Community

Gtx3076R Max Rwkw

Supporting mods I have are a plazmaman plenum,044 intank,6 boost manifold, 740cc tomei injectors. Could possibly add another 044 pump and surge tank I have to the mix aswell. I have another turbo I might throw on later on down the track to push big numbers. I'm trying to avoid the e85 route as much as I can atm and stick to 98 :) The cars running really rich at this power level aswell

Ahh ok - without E85 I'm really not sure of what to expect from a GTX3076R... somewhere in the low 300rwkw area at a guess.

Ahh ok - without E85 I'm really not sure of what to expect from a GTX3076R... somewhere in the low 300rwkw area at a guess.

100% - I've seen a couple of 98 results now and they are doing no better than garden variety GT.

E85 and a well sorted setup would be needed to see the 400kw ceiling mentioned earlier. A lot of boost involved, too.

Raises the question; is it worth it in comparison to a 35R or any number of other available options nowadays?

I don't want to get into a pissing contest but I have seriously not seen anything to suggest it spools as well as a GT3076R. I have however seen a couple of US based back to backs that led me to favor the 35R, hence my comment.

That being said the topic at hand is that (with enough boost) it could reach 400rwkw. A task readily achieved and surpassed by a 35R whilst at a lower pressure ratio.

Later on down the track if I do go down the 35r way can I put the turbo on my current rear housing? I think I read on here they were pretty similiar turbos

Later on down the track if I do go down the 35r way can I put the turbo on my current rear housing? I think I read on here they were pretty similiar turbos

If you have the GTX there would be no real need to swap to a 35r i guess! BUT keep your eye on up and coming results as it sounds like there may be some new players in town (I've been so keen watching the discussions on the newer turbos and it seems people are starting to take a punt and try them, i hope they get good results :yes:)

Even better as I'm quite attached to the way this turbo spools up early and hits haha, any chance you can link me to a few discussions on here regarding these turbos?

Even better as I'm quite attached to the way this turbo spools up early and hits haha, any chance you can link me to a few discussions on here regarding these turbos?

Some of the info is spread through here -

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/425145-rb-25-turbo-choices/page-7

There are 2 other threads with similar discussions, it is interesting stuff :)

Too easy, You're a legend mate :)

Haha i just love reading what people are doing, Its good to see new options coming out etc! I considered the GTX but it was all too hard to swap mine etc as i am lazy :P

Did anyone ask if you have a dyno sheet for the GTX? Interesting to see what its doing.

Ill be going in for a retune soon, changing the headgasket due to slight seepage, might bump the boost up abit more, ill post the dyno sheet aswell

Ill be going in for a retune soon, changing the headgasket due to slight seepage, might bump the boost up abit more, ill post the dyno sheet aswell

Good man! More boost and wake that GTX up!

• 4 years later...

I know this is an old thread but it's exactly what I'm doing/looking into. I've had 333 RWKW on a GTX3076R (Gen 1) .86 housing at 21PSI in a stock internals RB25. Now inevitably it's failed and I'm rebuilding currently. However since I'm going forged with all the bits I want to push the turbo to it's upper limit. Because I'm doing time attack the higher boost smaller turbo concept for good responsive power is what I'm after. Looking at compressor maps is a worry though, although i cannot find a Gen 1 GTX map on garrets website??? I can find the Gen 2 and the GT3076R. Looking at the GT compressor map the surge line is at about 2.3 Comp ratio which is about 20PSI (ish) the Gen 2 GTX has a very nice wider map area at that section, but is probably not relevant. I also have an anti surge housing though, which is specifically for surge protection and does push that line to the left allowing more boost and a BOV is always run as well, also allowing more... but It's really guesswork it seems as to how far you can go. Previously I was thinking it would run our of air/puff in the high 20's maybe 30 PSI at the most. But now thinking it may fall well short, with no detail on how much further I can push whit the anti surge and the BOV. Any Turbo efficiency gurus? I do plan to break that 400 RWKW ceiling listed here though... If this is the right place I'll update when it's done, if this is the wrong place? Fee free to shift my post to the right area I?

https://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/421419-timmys-r34-gtt/?page=24

For track work, abandon the GT30 idea.  Retained heat, poor scavenging, and relatively short turbo life are the results you should expect from a smaller (30 vs 35) turbine.  The fast response you speak of may simply result in frying rubber off corner exits, and lower high rpm torque.  Particularly for track, it's got to be able to exhale. 

The experiences of 34GEETEETEE tell the story in moving from the HTA 3076 to a EFR 8374.  It's in the turbine.

If you're fixed on the idea of Garrett gear, check what Tim has done with his on the above link, and how it's now performing with a GTW3476.  I wouldn't ignore the experiences of someone who's just done the upgrade, and run at WTAC just 4 days ago.

• Like 4

to give you a real life example on a track car with 'everything'

I have retained a gtx3076 0.82 rear on my car for near 5/ 6 years now - 4 years of drift and near 2 years of sprint / time attack. I run it on 6 boost 3" exhaust stock engine till now I just put forged in, pon cams and 1000cc ID's 44mm ext wastegate on e85

Ive had no probs with the turbo and its still in great nick, I think there are better options out there now I just don't want to sell this one for nothing and  fork out for a new setup just yet is the reason for keeping it so long and keep spending money just being on the track rather than change :2_grimacing:

in W.A we run pretty smallish 50 - 60 sec tracks not like SMSP etc so response can help anyway or that's what Im telling myself

The response / punch is definitely there I run a pretty high grip rear setup both suspension, tyre and rear wing. Have to control the traction even with all that with the right foot other wise anything under 4th gear still turns the tyres

On hub dyno my last result before I blew the engine was 550hp and 660nm at 23.5psi the tuner say there was prob about 2 more psi in it and that's it. Its full boost by 4000  max torque at 4500 max hp at 7000 That could be limited by a few things though like my 2.5" intercooler piping and only 500 x 300 intercooler (for response)

Just put new forged engine in haven't turned up the wick really yet but on a different roller dyno made 500hp and 585nm on 22psi after a few more track outings we are going to go to 25psi and by extrapolating we expect somewhere around 530 - 540 and 630nm

you'll hit your 400 rwkw @ 25psi ish pending dyno's (definitely hub and i'll achieve this on a roller too)   But I think that's all it has in it and that's running it at 98% type thing

The workshop I'm associated with has done a few RB25DET and RB25DET Neo + GTX3076R .82 combo's, in fact they've got a Neo + GEN2 GTX3076R there at the moment.

From memory the results are all in the 380-400+kW at the wheels range, the highest being 417ish at 27-28psi. The dyno is a current model Dyno Dynamics Dynotech 2WD roller dyno.