SAU Community

R32 Fuel

My r32 gtst isn't on the road at the moment but when I had it tuned he said only to run BP Ultimate fuel..

After searching through the forums a bit I've found that BP and Shell are pretty much the same.

So if I fill up with Shell 98 will my car run like crap?

(Closest BP is about 30min drive from where I live, compared to Shell 5min walk)

I've read (but have no idea whether it is true) that 7/11 use Mobil fuel, so 7/11 98 is actually Mobil 98 which wasn't too bad to fill up on in the past, again from searching here.

Hmm.. Might just grab a jerry can and grab some BP Ultimate.. Don't think I have enough fuel to make it there aha

OK first of all

how modified is the GTST?

my 32 with a 25 - 366 whp it was tuned on 98 BP but i had no issues on shell 98 or caltex 98 etc

Nothing too special.

High mount t04e with external gate

3" exhaust 4" cannon

Pod filter

Pretty big FMIC

Tuned by chiptorque 171kw :/

That's about it.

any 98 octane fuel will be fine.

Sweet. Cheers for that.

I was just having a looking at stock power for gtst is 158kw and mine is 171... Uhh spewing!

Since you are in Qld , the fuel will be sourced from BP Bulway Island or Caltex Lytton ,

So, your saying any 98 RON is fine in Qld?

Because he even siphoned the old 98 out, swap fuel filter for a new one and put full tank of BPultimate in, free of charge..

Edited by Zrobe

So, your saying any 98 RON is fine in Qld?

Because he even siphoned the old 98 out, swap fuel filter for a new one and put full tank of BPultimate in, free of charge..

He did that so to make sure the fuel in the tank is new and fresh, which is what's best to tune on.

Also to keep the RON up.

BP or Shell 98 RON will do you fine.