SAU Community

World Time Attack Gtr32 Bc Automotive

stevena

Position #1 in open and 12th out of 82 cars, hell yeah.

What an awesome experience to be part of especially after all the long long, did I mention long, hours that where put in by the whole team to make this happen. Saturday started off with a very early morning with hardly any sleep as the gearbox selector forks needed attending. All fixed and ready to go for the first session out, car was on for a low 1.32 when 3 corners from the finish line a turbo clamp popped off...damn! Especially cause the v sport evo pulled off a 132.4 taking first place, and it was morning which was perfect if we would set our fastest time as most teams do. The vsport evo stuffed their gearbox so their day was done but at least they pulled off a fantastic time. So fixed the clamp and ready for second session, firs lap out dean comes back into the pits with a misfire....farrrrk. This part was so cool to see, boys jumped in and did a magic plug change in pit lane to try and rectify the issue before the chequered flag dropped in a super quick time..out he goes and before the flag dropped, but didn't matter as the issue was still there. Second session wasted again. Found out it was a coil, now that's 2 coils that failed on us in 3 days, replaced it with the last spare coil we had and car was again ready for third session in 4 hours time. During this session the byp integra pulled a super fast time, high 1.32 I think which put us back to 3rd spot. So finally last session came and I my heart rate was going..so many people come to these events and the whole day is stuffed by the little issues not allowing to show what their cars can do. I couldn't watch so I went out behind the garages to hear the results on the pa. Deans out and he's on a flyer, (prior to heading out I tried to give him a motivational speech but failed miserably...note to self don't try this when exhausted as shit comes out wrong). Anyhow he passes the start line out lap which means he's all good so far and he was moving, he passed the finish line and over the pa comes the 1.31.78.... He'll yeah I was pumped, we all were. Great feeling when it finally pays off. Going over the data and dean hit 295.2km down the straight, stuffed up a couple corners and had to work around the teins not doing a good job but that will be fixed for next year, with a couple more little tricks that I'm hoping will see a 1.29.

Massive thanks to all our sponsors, and huge thanks to Brett and dean for all the hard work, without these guys there is no way that the result that was achieved in such a short time frame was possible. Big thanks to all that swung past to say hi and all that helped, shared a garage with some cool gtr's and overall most teams went out of their way to help out if needed. Seriously cool cars and I'm sure they will all be quicker next year. Now I need to recover and sleep some more before I look at that gtr again. I will post the vid shortly.

post-19978-0-53813000-1382304254_thumb.jpgpost-19978-0-48980300-1382304298_thumb.jpgpost-19978-0-01018000-1382304326_thumb.jpg

post-19978-0-62925700-1382304359_thumb.jpg

Edited by stevena
  • Like 2

Cheers Andrew, wouldn't have been possible without people like you. When we needed parts ASAP you were the one that made it happen the next morning, not many suppliers or businesses in my time have been so supportive and just get things done when needed.

And a big thanks to all for the kind words, I knew all along that this gtr could do what it did, it just took some time to find the right people to make it happen. And to all those that doubted me along the way (you know who you are).......told you it's possible!

Well done mate, massive congrats!

So I have to ask... did you wind the boost right up or what? Lol

Lol didn't turn the boost right up, was close but always had some reserve that wasn't needed. If we did I know it would break into the 1.30's with some more drive time, but it really needs handling not more power....also played it safe as most people blew their engines up, like the vsport evo 10 on the Friday, and half the field. Well I didn't plan on doing another wtac next year and now that we most likely will. I don't want to reveal the figures just yet and that way we can keep the evo's, wrx's, and the rest of the field guessing but I think we have more than most that attended, even the pro cars. Edited by stevena
  • Like 2

Well done Steve and all of your team!

Was great to see it go so well and win its class......and give the Pro cars a good run for their money!

Was going to come and say hi, but you guys always looked so busy when I walked down, I thought it was best to leave you alone.

I hope you keep at it and improve it for next year.....keep a GT-R at the pointy end!

Well done Steve and all of your team!

Was great to see it go so well and win its class......and give the Pro cars a good run for their money!

Was going to come and say hi, but you guys always looked so busy when I walked down, I thought it was best to leave you alone.

I hope you keep at it and improve it for next year.....keep a GT-R at the pointy end!

Cheers Chris, will try our best. Hopefully next year we aren't busy when you swing past to say hey.

• Like 1