SAU Community

Rb25 Neo Build With Water/meth & No Intercooler

Darren your the only person I know who keeps fuel at there house

If u can make the top pipe a lot shorter, the one that goes across the rocker cover, or get a forward facing plenum then yah that helps

I've heard of people modifying the standard plenum in that u weld a plate across where the current opening is and then use a plasma cutter to open up the front and weld/bolt up the throttle body to that. Good mod but needs to be done by a highly skilled metal worker

I don't have any fuel at my house ffs..not even lawnmower fuel...

blame the station wagon driver.. again

ps how long does e85 last in a jerry can b4 it's stuffed?

Have used just on 12 month old E85 that was in plastic jerry cans. It was fine. It was stored on blocks of wood though.

It's good for at least 6 months, probably years if stored well in a sealed container.

I always have a jerry or two around, just incase I do a long trip, but there are more than enough servos around between united and caltex. (in melbourne) Plus the whale has an 80L tank. :P

wow that's a long time, normal fuel is only good for 2 weeks and after that if u thrash u can blow it up, that's what happened to my mate who thrashed it of the docks straight after he imported it at Port Adelaide.

did ya sniff the fuel also to confirm it was good to go..

wow that's a long time, normal fuel is only good for 2 weeks and after that if u thrash u can blow it up, that's what happened to my mate who thrashed it of the docks straight after he imported it at Port Adelaide.

you are fully cooked dude!

I dunno, just that your previous post is bullshit, and you must be pretty young. Never mind. I haven't met you to know for sure, so I will just for now think you are a total tool, until I know otherwise.

I am happy to be proved wrong.

Your a complete moron, if u thrash your car with old fuel, u deserve to have your car blow up like my mates

Now if somebody in this day and age doesn't know that to use old fuel and be boosting over 12 or so PSI with old fuel isn't a bad thing, then my god u need to tell the psych ward to up the doses cuz clearly there not affecting your brain cells enough. I thought u weren't allowed internet access in those places anyway, must be hard typing away in s straight jacket.

For 1. fuel looses octane over time 2. the fuels volatility degrades over time as the volatile components in the fuel evaporate over time. This makes it harder for fuel to vaporize therefor can't efficiently combust in the engine.

3.oxidation- Hydrocarbons in the gas react with oxygen to produce new compounds that eventually change the chemical composition of the fuel, leading to gum and varnish deposits in the fuel system

Yes old fuel is fine to use under normal operating conditions although not recommended, now if u want to be a big head and risk blowing your motor up than that's your prerogative and or stupidity

So come @ me bro

Fact of the matter is - you are completely wrong.

I can tell you for a fact that Shell give their 98 octane PULP a full 6 month shelf life if stored correctly, before the octane rating and quality of the fuel will start to deteriorate as it's in their technical specifications.

Your a complete moron, if u thrash your car with old fuel, u deserve to have your car blow up like my mates

Now if somebody in this day and age doesn't know that to use old fuel and be boosting over 12 or so PSI with old fuel isn't a bad thing, then my god u need to tell the psych ward to up the doses cuz clearly there not affecting your brain cells enough. I thought u weren't allowed internet access in those places anyway, must be hard typing away in s straight jacket.

For 1. fuel looses octane over time 2. the fuels volatility degrades over time as the volatile components in the fuel evaporate over time. This makes it harder for fuel to vaporize therefor can't efficiently combust in the engine.

3.oxidation- Hydrocarbons in the gas react with oxygen to produce new compounds that eventually change the chemical composition of the fuel, leading to gum and varnish deposits in the fuel system

Yes old fuel is fine to use under normal operating conditions although not recommended, now if u want to be a big head and risk blowing your motor up than that's your prerogative and or stupidity

So come @ me bro

Enough of the abuse and stupid attitude.

This is your friendly warning from Admin to pull your head in, stop inciting shit around the forums, or you'll find you visit here will come to and end shortly.

Come at me bro, because with the power invested in by my computer I am keyboard hero disco pumpkin , all the gear and no idea, google is your friend ,but your life experience and genuine knowledge is some what lacking

I've been told numerous times by people and mechanics that if u import a car from Japan with old fuel (5 weeks after auction for shipping and clearance) and thrash it the motor could blow, and that's what happened to my friend and the grim diagnosis he was given

Also I use to race go karts and use to use fresh fuel from the pump on the day, again on my mechanics advice for best performance, I couldn't fathom using 6 months old fuel and expect to be competitive. We would drain that rest of the fuel that day and start fresh. Just like i'd never ever use 6 months old oil on my car and take a car out to the race track, I can't afford a rebuild. But each to there own I guess

ps come @ me bro is just a internet saying lol

Edited by discoPumpkin

2 weeks haha. Fark me, I'd never be able to drive my car, it gets parked for months at a time! :laugh:

lol whys that? Your suspose to drive your car man.. bit of a waste of money if u don't drive your car one would of thought

Fact of the matter is - you are completely wrong.

I can tell you for a fact that Shell give their 98 octane PULP a full 6 month shelf life if stored correctly, before the octane rating and quality of the fuel will start to deteriorate as it's in their technical specifications.

I meant fuel already in the tank, not stored, I should of explained better

Edited by discoPumpkin

lol whys that? Your suspose to drive your car man.. bit of a waste of money if u don't drive your car one would of thought

Because if I drove it everyday I would drain that old fuel out of the tank, pour it all over the pig and set the motherfkr on fire :glare:

Haha, just kidding... It's just too loud, too rough, and too uncomfortable to drive on a daily basis. But that's also what I love about it :D

My Car sits for weeks nowday's because of work. Did your friend let the car warm up before flogging it?

If it has been left sit for a while getting in it and hitting the hammer is going to damage it fresh fuel or not, It could of been screwed when he brought it.

He brought it from an auction in Japan, so had been sitting around for atleast 4 or 5 weeks b4 being driven, it was a monster RB24 with T88 on 22 PSI (at that time), scared the crap out of me. Had a half a tank of fuel in it, he just started thrashing it on backroads when he got it and then died and wouldn't start, we had to get it towed

But b4 that sounded really healthy and no knocks, leaks or bearing noises at all. He knows he was in the wrong, didn't even drop the oiler and filter, it might not of needed a new fuel filter, but hell atleast some new fuel or additives at the very minimum.

When he checked the fuel, the mechanic said old fuel causes serious detonation and that was his diagnosis as everything else appeared ok

• Like 1

I like how we've come from 2 weeks to 5-6 weeks. Mate, fuel doesn't go bad in 6 weeks. Wanna have a guess at how long any fuel you put in your car has been sitting at the fuel station? Or how long it sat in storage at the factory before it even got to the station? Your mates car was modified, that instantly puts any number of variables on it that could have caused the motor to blow. If detonation killed the motor then it could well have been a bad tune. Hell, it could even have been sitting in Japan for 2 years before it moved, so you've got no idea how old that fuel was.

ANYWAY. This thread was about exhausts or something right?