SAU Community

Project: Anything Is Possible

Birds

I haven't been to the gym, I can hardly drive let alone lift weights. I am resting, I didn't even go to yoga tonight. This isn't going to go away with rest.

Tried some foam rolling at home but now I'm in really bad pain when I move :( When I was foam rolling it really hurt on my shoulder blade and now it's just a constant tingling sensation on my shoulder blade with random shooting paim.. Good or bad?

It is going to go away with treatment & rest. Thats how you repair injuries.

Ice packs. Often as you can.

You can't foam roll and things till the inflamation is settled. As you discovered it just makes it worse sometimes.

You will get better.

4 weeks since injury; second week of no exercise or training. Injury not really getting any better. Trigger point today, see what happens. If no improvement getting ultrasound done. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I had another trigger point and massage session yesterday; went well. More physio booked for this week and ultrasound booked for next week. Doctor upped my anti inflammatory tablet dosage which I think has helped too.

I'll be back one day, just don't know when!

:)

Thanks Rev :)

I have an anxiety disorder and exercise has always helped keep it under control. The last few weeks have been very difficult mentally but I've broken through mental barriers that I haven't been able to do for years, so I'm proud of myself in some ways at the moment. I'm getting my mental strength back :) physical will come next

Great work ! You should be very proud.

You must sometimes try to break things off that start to control you. You are proving that you don't need excersise to be who you are.

I am showing myself that nothing bad happens to me when I don't exercise, because that is what goes through my head. I'm now learning that my new exercise routine is going to be different and that's okay. I have an issue where things have to be 100% correct or I can't / don't want to do them. This is why I got so upset when I couldn't bench the bar without being in pain the other day. It's also why I'm not confident in deadlifts despite having coaching at PTC. Mentally, the last few weeks have been very difficult for me; some of my family and friends don't understand and think I'm being silly and dramatic. I'm really lucky Birds has been very understanding and supportive during this time.

I think I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel :)

Edited by L33SH

good to hear Leesh,

hopefully your injury gets sorted sooner rather then later and even more importantly that you start gaining more control over yourself mentally. I've never suffered from anxiety but I did have a bad case of depression a few years ago, so I truly hope you continue down the positive and strong road.

good to hear Leesh,

hopefully your injury gets sorted sooner rather then later and even more importantly that you start gaining more control over yourself mentally. I've never suffered from anxiety but I did have a bad case of depression a few years ago, so I truly hope you continue down the positive and strong road.

Thank you :)

05/09/13

Squats

35kg x 10

40kg x 10

45kg x 5

45kg x 5

50kg x 1

55kg x 1

Chin-ups

45 Leg Press

40kg x 10