SAU Community

Project: Anything Is Possible

Birds

Hamstring issue really plays up on leg press, didn't hurt during squats but couldn't do my usual weights. I think it may be due to my right knee bending in when squatting and I'm causing injury. A guy said I should look at knee wraps or bands when squatting, what do you think?

great efforts Leesh. You should be able to focus on the squat technique without those things, at the rep range you are doing.

You still have a shoulder issue? Are you still doing behind the head standing press?

Okay I'll focus on keeping knees out without those. Hamstring hurt walking to work.

Yeah its getting better but not 100% Started shoulder press last night for first time in 8 weeks; changed technique though

Okay I'll focus on keeping knees out without those. Hamstring hurt walking to work.

Yeah its getting better but not 100% Started shoulder press last night for first time in 8 weeks; changed technique though

Shoulder wise, if you have inpingement , then it's not going to be better doing bench or shoulder press. If you don't then all good but, be aware that rehab work is important. I don't see the rehab in your workout? Perhaps you are doing it but, not writing it down.

Good to hear about technique. I assume you are now doing seated press in font as opposed to standing behind the neck?

Shoulder wise, if you have inpingement , then it's not going to be better doing bench or shoulder press. If you don't then all good but, be aware that rehab work is important. I don't see the rehab in your workout? Perhaps you are doing it but, not writing it down.

Good to hear about technique. I assume you are now doing seated press in font as opposed to standing behind the neck?

no rehab, I'm doing the program Birds just made up for me.. he didn't give me any rehab to do

No I'm not doing it infront, just not going down past the ear

Do you want some rehab movements? Can help there if you like.

Ask Birds to give you an alternative shoulder movement, seated. At least that way you can train full ROM.

yes please, that would be great thanks

Hmm, can't I just do shoulder press seated?

Here are some that won't mess up your normal routines and will do wonders, injury or not. This is rehab stuff assuming we take it easy. Once there is improvement you can add something resistance wise , like cuban press.

You can youtube search these ones, to make it easy.

Total shoulder girdle health . Do these 3 times a week. Can do them at home in some cases.

1) Serratus Anterior (Activation movements) are in here for you which should help. This sucker stabilses the scapular movement,

a) Scapular pushups. Just a pushup with you extending and retracting the shoulder blades. The movement is shallow( no where near the ground , motion is small) .The arms straight. Do 3 sets of 20-25

b) Single dumbel scapular protraction. Lay on a bench. Fairly light weight dumbell in one hand straight up. Straight arm. As above move the dumbel up and down with the scapular motion. 20-25 reps as above.

c) Scapular wall slides.

d) Prone Cobras held for time.

e) External rotator bands

f) Shoulder dislocates with band or a stick ( can use a barbell if you are strong).

Try these ones for a month.

26/09/13

Squats

35kg x 10

40kg x 10

45kg x 10

50kg x 8

55kg x 3

60kg x 0

Bench Press

25kg x 10

30kg x 10

35kg x 10

40kg x 4

45kg x 0

45 Leg Press

80kg x 10

90kg x 10

100kg x 10

110kg x 10

120kg x 10

130kg x 10

140kg x 10

150kg x 6

Chin-ups

Shoulder Press

10kg x 10

10kg x 10

15kg x 10

15kg x 10

20kg x 5

20kg x 6

Seated Row

20kg x 10

30kg x 10

35kg x 10

40kg x 10

45kg x 10

50kg x 5

55kg x 1

Hamstring Curl

20kg x 10

20kg x 10

27.5kg x 10

27.5kg x 10

30kg x 6

30kg x 6

35kg x 2

40kg x 1

Bicep Curl

15kg x 10

15kg x 10

15kg x 10

20kg x 6

20kg x 5

20kg x 3

Captains Chair Leg Raises

Knee Raises

Ab Crunches

Hamstring issue really plays up on leg press, didn't hurt during squats but couldn't do my usual weights. I think it may be due to my right knee bending in when squatting and I'm causing injury. A guy said I should look at knee wraps or bands when squatting, what do you think?

Just saw this.

Either:

a) tie a theraband around your knees and force them out while squatting

OR

b) get someone to wrap a band around your leg (just above the knee) and pull it towards them, while you lunge (they should be pulling the band from the inside edge of your knee). Force your knee outwards (track knee in line with foot) so that it doesn't fall inwards.

I would recommend the latter