SAU Community

Winton Weekend - July 9 - 11.

Snowman

I had dinner (and quite a few beers) with Gerald last night and raised the issue of the sump baffle. He said that they only started to recommend one once you got over the 350kw @ the wheels mark.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds a bit arbitrary. You would have to be experiencing quite a few G's as well. What is fairly common is loss of oil pressure on slicks with GTR's, so with those tyres of yours you would be running close to the limit, but given the oil cooler should be fairly safe. Road tyres (like mine :)) would be fairly safe from what I have found in my searches on the topic.

To be honest it shouldn't be too hard to simulate the oil motion in the sump to determine the critical sump level. Might waste some time on that when I'm done on the conrods.

What has Ben had to say about it (since you started dropping names)?

BTW I have been black flagged due to loss of support from the finance manager, who managed to drop another $1500 on furniture yesterday, so have a good weekend.

Guest INASNT

what about fuel surge problems on fast corners?? If you only had half a tank you would get fuel starvation problems without a surge tank wouldn you?

Geoff.... Furniture???? I know your pain, i just spent about 8k on crap for the house :)

At the minute there may be someone coming with me on the Friday to help dial in my susp setup for the Sprint on Sunday, if he isnt able to make it then you are welcome to come up and ride shotgun in my car, hell even do a few laps behind the wheel if you can squeeze into my momo seat :D

INANST...with the std fuel pump, i only ever got fuel surge probs when the tank was extremely low, as the std tank (in the R32 anyway) is pretty well baffled.

With an aftermarket fuel pump installed it is very dependant on how it was installed....as their isnt any real science in installing properly 90% will still run fine with no fuel surge until you get very low on fuel...so not a concern...and consdiering what fuel consumption is like, fill the thing up before you get there, as i normally go thru about a tank and a half for a full day at Eastern Creek or Wakefield

I can add/delete names pending people confirming, but to get an idea of who is in. Bold indicates confirmed.

For the Friday open day:

- Adzmax ... next time :)

- INASNT

- GTTR34

- Snowman

- Scotsman

- ferni , needs some more convincing :D

- Roy

And for the MSCA Sprint on Sunday:

- Adzmax

- GTTR34

- Snowman

- Scotsman

- Roy

If we can get 6-10 people to the Friday it will be great :)

Scotsman, my understanding is that the two days are completely independant of one another, so yeh the Friday will be another $100. I want to get a few laps under my belt on friday so im not making an absolute a55 of myslef on the Sunday, see how it goes.

grrrr wish i didnt have to work nite shift :)

might try n make it there just to watch u guys at least for a few hrs

btw ur better off staying in wangaratta if u wanna hit the turps... better pubs

also look out for the 2 r33 gtrs that reside there :)

So am i the only one going on the Friday? :confused:

I may just drive up Sunday morning for the sprint

If so i may stay home and use the Friday/Saturday to fiddle with my car as i dotnthink i will have my car back by this weekend... nothign that wills top me form driving it, just little things that need attention and sooner would be better then later

Roy - at this stage Im still keen to go up on the Friday. But it looks like I wont be competing on the Sunday. Thats unless a miricle occurs and my parts arrive for my gearbox before then. But I still want to get to know the track so I'm thinking of punting my completely stock rex wagon around Winton on Friday for a bit of fun.

Anyone else still keen to come up on Friday. I think Adzmax was still interested.

Just rang winton, the Friday is a goer! :)

As Snowman posted, you need:

- YOUR OWN helmet (cant be hired on the day)

- Car does not need to be registered, jut roadworthy

- No Passengers in cars

- Fire resistant head to toe clothing, 100% cotton shirt and pants are fine.

- No sepcial drivers licence requirements (i didnt enquire about a suspended licence is acceptable)

Day goes from 10am to 4.30pm...should be a good fun day for the princely sum of $100 inc GST

The reason i rang Winton was to see if they accepted passengers... sorry KamikazeR33, ill shout you beers Friday night if you care to jockey the camera for post event pow-wow sessions :D

:D Well I've taken the Friday off now so Im definitely going. The question is now - where shall be stay?

Damn I hope my GTR is back.

:) to any god that is listening that I can get it fixed in time.