SAU Community

Winton Weekend - July 9 - 11.

Snowman

In conjunction with the next round of the MSCA sprints I have decided to post up an EOI for a weekend up at Winton.

For those that don't know Winton is open for free practice on most Fridays. So the plan is to go up for the free practice Friday and for those that are involved with the NDSOC/MSCA stay up for the weekend for a day of drinking followed by a day of competition on the Sunday.

So the Details:

Friday July 9 - Open Practice

The track is open from 10:00am until 4:30pm.

The day runs in half hour session alternating between cars and bikes.

Cost to enter is $100

Requirements - Helmet and ankle to wrist clothes.

NO CAMS LICENCE REQUIRED

The open day will use the Long Track at Winton.

Anyone can come down for this day as long as you have a roadworthy car.

Sunday July 11 - MSCA Sprint

Sunday has the next round of the MSCA sprints. Several SAU members have now joined the NDSOC and they should be ready to participate in their first sprint series. Also held on the Long Track this time.

Anyone is welcome to come down for either of the days but for those interested in both days I suggest we spend Friday/Sat nights at Benella and spend the Saturday at the pub! :(

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday = :burnout: , Saturday = :alcoholic & :throwup: , Sunday = :burnout:

Monday = :coffee:

Im in, ill get my registration for the Sunday away this week...only problem is i had a Cams course on that weekend, Sat/Sun, :Oops: but i will pull the pin and do the one later in the year.

Do we need a place to stay, or are the local gals pretty accomodating :inlove: for a weekends accomodation...

Well, just got the Friday leave approved, what are the plans for accomodation , a motel, pub, a house for the weekend ( i have noticed that circuits usually have places that can be rented for a weekend nearby)

Has anyone stayed overnight before...offer any suggestions?

Roy mate - I was just going to look up a cheap motel in Benella. Its only a short drive to Winton from there and we should be able to find a half decent pub somewhere there.

I would be keen except for reading into the other thread going around atm about without a sump baffle its a big no no to take your GTR on the track..

snowman - do you have one?

No I dont have a sump baffle and havent experienced any problems even on my big day at Sandown when I did about 50 laps! (Gearbox aside that is! lol)

The only thing I'd say is advisable is an oil cooler. And if you are going to do as many laps as possible on the open days then you also want good brakes.

Snowman - your not worried about not having a sump baffle?

I didn't really think about it until i read some other threads and spoke to a few people...

I have no plans to put one in any time soon. Gerald from Ice will be racing my car with me and if he thought it needed one he'd tell me but he doesnt think its necessary.

Its advised putting a baffle sump when you've ugraded your power, tyres and especially brakes, the 'G' forces created with these mods is what starves the bottom end of oil....

That's just from what I've heard.....

Its advised putting a baffle sump when you've ugraded your power, tyres and especially brakes, the 'G' forces created with these mods is what starves the bottom end of oil....

That's just from what I've heard.....

I agree with Jack.

Sandown is nothing to go by, because the cornering speeds are relatively slow and the corners are pretty short (I should know, I worked there 3 days a week for 11 years).

Winton however is a different kettle of fish, lots of corners and you spend a long time turning some of them. Lots of people have massive fuel and oil surge problems there. Better to be safe than sorry I recon.

Just my two bobs worth.

Just posted my registration for the MSCA Sprint so all set for a good weekend... :(

There are a few GTR guys from NSW that are regulars at Eastern Creek and Wakefield, and i know of only one R33 GTR that has had dramas, and if any of them had baffled sumps id be surprised. (Exhaust and std turbos 90% of them). I am yet to hear a story of a single GTR calling it quits at a UAS day, be it Wakefield or Oran....so im sure it can be an issue, but i suspect its not as big an issue as many believe....easy for me to say owning a $600 throw away RB20 :cheers:

If your engine is in good health and you dont go round corners at 7,000rpm in 2nd when you should really be doing 5,000rpm in 3rd then i think that helps as well.

SBS strikes Victoria :D