SAU Community

Winton Weekend - July 9 - 11.

Snowman

Roy: yep does have an oil temp gauge, but its not very helpful, it has 70 at the bottom and 150 at the top, but its hard to tell what temp your at inbetween them ;)

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... TVR Troy! lol

LOL...Its a convertible, i liek the idea, just have to see if i can talk my way into the drivers seat :)

ferni... fair call, GTRs are too expensive to be tempting fate with, if you have even a hint of concern then id give it the miss... imagien if something did happenm youd kick yourself for an eternity ;)

Hey all, Having Driven a few Skylines and having done many many laps of Winton I would say its going to be a great day up there. Im not currently a Skyline owner but I do race a Formula 3. If I get my new data logging system up and running within that time Ill be up there, might even give a few a steer of my beast..... I was racing up at Winton 2 weeks ago and the track gets very very slippery when its cold so please tread it with caution - especialy the big left hand sweeper. I dont paticularly want to see some damaged Skylines coming home......If anyone is compemplating going I would defenetly recomend going as is a fantastic track to drive..... Enjoy!

Sorry guys due to other committments looks like I'm going to have to back out of the track weekend.. I want to do some more suspension work on my car before I head out to the track anyway. I'm sure it will be an excellent fun weekend for everyone who attends.. Hope to see you at the next one.

Ok guys - for those that are going for the whole weekend (and this is going to tip you over the edge ferni) I suggest that on the Saturday - instead of spending the day in Wangaratta that we have a day trip to Mt Hotham. We will only be 2.5hrs away so we could even go up for the afternoon session (get a half day ticket from 1pm) and do some boarding cause they have over 1m of snow up there.

Ferni - as for breaking your car. Listen mate Im 99% sure I will be in the rex. Its 100% stock. No oil cooler, no sticky tyres, no kick ass brakes or suspension - stock. Im not going to be able to go all out for the full half hour every session. In a "normal" sprint day (like what they have on the Sunday for NDSOC) you have one out lap - 3 flying laps - and a cool down lap. I was going to try and do 2 of those every half hour session. That equates to 60 laps for the day (36 flying laps) and anyone who has done track days will tell you that is a LOT of laps - and perfectly safe for your car.

And by the looks of it Roy is going to have to do the same thing if he's in a "rent" car.

So how's this sounding for a weekend:

Friday - Winton Raceway (Open)

Friday night - Wangaratta's finest establishments

Sat - Mt Hotham snowboarding

Sat night - More of Wangaratta's finest establishment

Sunday - Winton Raceway (NDSOC - for those who are competing)

Sunday night - Sleeeeeeeeep :cheers:

Hey all. I hate to do this but looks like I'm not gonna be able to make it. Have had pretty bad problems with knock over the last week since my tune and turns out my fuel pump is having some major issues at high RPM so looks like I'm gonna have to give it a miss. Wont be able to replace the pump in time so I'd rather not starve my engine of fuel as I'm sure you can understand.:cheers:;):rant::rofl:

Do ya need a license for this? :cheers:

I was thinking of coming license or not but my car also needs some attention like BRAKES which needs to be bled and pads replaced atleast coz they are screwed from being on the abs from warp speeds recently taking some friends for joy rides :D

Ring Winton, if the car doesnt have to be registered, just roadworthy...then i imagine you dont need a valid licence, though evidence that you once held a licence would probably be required...give them a buzz and find out.

I hear you about brakes, i have to check mine Thursday when i get my car back....

arrrrgg snowman.... snowboarding now as well?!?!??! crapp.......

I'd have to be back sunday late morning, gf gets back from o/s , she'd kill me if i'm not here... but i think friday track would be enough for my poor car.... then snowboarding saturday, then drive back saturday night hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Looks like it may be wet on friday tho looking at forecast...

What prep would will my car need? bleed the brakes/replace fluid? what else?

Did you actually loose your license INASNT ? I thought it hadn't happened yet?

Got it down from 12 months and big fine to 6 months and small fine. Its also been 3 weeks and no notice from the court saying i have lost it officially yet :(

Gotta love the slow court system.

Snowman you rock.... I'm down for carving up the slopes.

What is the deal with the Friday track day. Do we need to register somewhere first or is it pay on the day? I have a friend who will be coming along with his TX3 turbo also.

They calcs and pics did help, but we settled before entering the county court room because cops knew they were goona loose and backed down the alleged speed.

For more dertails read the thread associated with it :cheers:

I am off to falls creek again now for a few days, for work, but it only 6km from falls creek :cheers:

Ok - everyone thats keen to come - can you all make it to the NDSOC meeting tomorrow night a the Whitehorse? We can make a plan there including accomidation etc.

BTW - Chris - yeah as far as I know you just pay on the day. As for the snow trip - I'll have the scooby so we can take that for sure and we may only need one other car (maybe the TX3?) Will just hire chains in Bright. Should make for a great weekend!