SAU Community

Proposed Racetrack - Casar Park - Central Coast

BakemonoRicer

The farm was never built to be world class. Just as MDTC is not world class, and is also narrow. Should they be forced to rip it up? Their neighbors don't like it either if it makes it any different.

I feel we should support all of these race tracks and push for as many as possible before our government and other groups kill the sport at a club level.

Edited by Spiriva

The farm was never built to be world class. Just as MDTC is not world class, and is also narrow. Should they be forced to rip it up? Their neighbors don't like it either if it makes it any different.

I feel we should support all of these race tracks and push for as many as possible before our government and other groups kill the sport at a club level.

I am with you on this one John. We have a distinct lack of tracks around the place, if a very gracious private property owner decides to open his personal gates and let people onto it then good on him. It's after all his property and his money built the driveway to enjoy his own cars on. Neighbours always complain about change to other people's properties, but perhaps they should consider whether they would rather someone racing up their road instead. Casar Park is a great idea and hopefully it doesn't lose momentum like the Warnervale proposal of years gone by did.

Edited by TREGTR

they need more funding, basically they are looking for car enthusiasts to donate funds to get it going...

Ive been speaking to Brad, who is part of the exec committee for CASAR Park and whilst they are working hard to make it happen, fundraising is a large part of it..

I personally am wanting to make it common knowledge to all motoring enthusiasts that the track is there to be built if, and I stress if, the enthusiasts are willing to basically do something to make it happen... funding...!!

If every enthusiast donated $10 ea, this track would be getting built RIGHT NOW!!!!

lets make dreams become reality, lets not let this development become one of the ones that didnt go anywhere!!!

Where are the funds to be deposited? How do we know who controls the bank account? Don't mind losing the cash at this price, but I do mind if the funds are going to some Richard Cranium Scammer pulling a development project swifty.

^^this is exactly what I was thinking^^

exactly...?

this is what Im trying to get across to the execs, they think people dont want to donate, I feel people dont want to donate because:

A. the exec committe are not reputable

B. there is no reason why this effort will succeed

C. they (the enthusiasts) have seen track ideas come and go previously

The exec committee have a good community based thought to the idea, but they really need to include the motor enthusiast in their plans, I would love to show them that enthusiasts are ready and willing to support but they (the enthusiasts) need some reassurance that the development isnt half hearted and that the funds will go towards what is intended, building a track!

What if I got some very reputable motoring legends to endorse the this development, would that help??

This development has a donation page if you want to donate.

http://gogetfunding.com/project/casar-park-community-motor-sport-facility

I would like to see every car club and forum have a dedicated CASAR park representative spouting the efforts of the committee and also answering questions that need be answered, like what would a track day cost at the proposed venue, what types of motorsport would they allow, would their be timing available, how many pit garages would be available?...

I have these answers, and Im working with them to have these answers meet the expectation of the proposed users of the venue, YOU the enthusiast.

• Like 1

meh I'm willing a couple of bucks for a new race track.

Crowdfunding site is here: http://gogetfunding.com/project/casar-park-community-motor-sport-facility. I've just booked into their first track day.

CAMS article on the track is here: http://www.cams.com.au/media/news/latest-news/creating-casar-park

Motor racing legend Dick Johnson's race team got shorted millions follow the collapse of sponsor Westpoint. Westpoint collapsed owing mum and dad investors millions. Busted being dodgy with their funding. Anyhow, if you could convince him to come on Board after scrutinising the deal and appoint him to the Board. Then you'd get a fountain of funding.

The donation options start at $30 to show support; $60 to be first to see and walk the track; options continue as you increase donation amount, the next one was 6 x 20 min laps of track and so on. You have to search a bit after following Duncan's link. I donated $60 and according to tally was the 18th donator. There are a couple of caveats, but they are explained on gogetfunding Casar page. Seems like someone is finally making an effort to get a track built.

If you are still concerned, the payment is made via Paypal link and use your credit card to make the payment through this as its the safest option.

It appears to be legitimate.