SAU Community

Proposed Racetrack - Casar Park - Central Coast

BakemonoRicer

luddenham after reading up on it, is only 1.25k long only has a straight of 250m, and 6x 180 degree turns, bigat its widest its 8m its thinnest only 6m...

sounds like a kart track or driver training, maybe drift. no pit garages planned as far as I can tell....

The development at CASAR has a 12m wide track all round, lots of pit garages etc... these guys are planning a proper race track, with also skid pan and kart track... they also develop further down the line a community involved recreation park feel, wall climb, watersports, picnic areas, their secondary aim is to have social involvement for the youth and disadvantaged in the area, the track is seen as a good way to fund a community based exercise, its not for profit, so any funds made from having car enthusiasts use the facility go back to developing the secondary aim and/or community based good stuff.

they have some good people on the committee too, very community minded people with experience in helping and teaching disadvantaged youth and the community as a whole... plus they like their racing... I know Brad goes to phillip island with his bike for track fun.

Im not sure how Luddenham is being funded.

I understand it would be considered small, but when i see lots of small tracks in Japan i think hey the more the merrier.

As far as ive herd its a Cams class C track? So driver training, club track days etc etc

They do have what looks like a dedicated Kart track there also.

Im just excited for more facilities in NSW.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

update from the organisers last week. Looks to me like they are a long way off their first track day but I'm happy to be patient.

Dear Crowdfunding Supporters and Sponsors,

On behalf of the CASAR Park team our sincere thanks for your show of support.

Whilst the crowdfunding campaign is now finished, we continue with our other fundraising activities – engaging with Clubs and Sponsors and seeking grant funds.

To date we have raised $42,070, plus Wyong Shire Council have further minuted in their 25th September meeting to sponsor us for $5,000 in addition to the other assistance offered as part of their initial support.

Opportunities for introductions to Clubs and potential Sponsors continue to flow, and we will work diligently to meet with them all and secure their support. Should such an opportunity present itself to you, please be sure to pass on the details.

Our next update will be before the end of the month – look forward to talking again soon.

With thanks,

Brad Wilson

Co-Founder

CASAR Park

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Wish the DA would hurry up and approve it!

​everything is set in stone, just the government taking its sweet time as usual :angry:

the great news is that it is still going ahead and has everything but the DA's approval.

( reviving an old thread I know... but it's still going strong which is great! )

• Like 2