SAU Community

Ebay Turbo Bolt On For Rb25

Tommmay

Hey guys i have blown my turbo couple of months ago and car is sitting there collecting dust

have searched the forum for answers but did not come up with any.

Has anyone had any good feedback with any ebay turbos made from Au

seen alot on ebay and would rather get some feedback on some brands before i make a purchase

I do not wanna buy another standard one to see the ceramic wheel fail again

and do not wanna get one high flowed to have to get a tune.

Just want a decent standard bolton to run lowboost

price range $400-500

There has to be some people with good results with a ebay turbo on a standard tune

Cheers Tommy

NOPE

lol....hes right though..get it rebuilt with steel wheels simple...about 800$ which is only a little above your budget..and will cop 14psi all day should you choose to boost it a little...its not a hilfow just a rebuild stocker...

Tommy, please let me know how you go with this.

Have been told can buy new ones that don't require new ecu, so no tuning, but they're closer to $1200.

Can get a Hypergear highflow for that also but not sure about stock ecu with it..

So I am wondering the same, but i basically figure you get what you pay for, so if its $400 it probably won't be any good =(

If you aren't interested in the cost of high flowing, getting yours rebuilt with steel wheels and ball bearings would be well worth the money in the long run.

You can bolt it straight back on for reliability for the next 100,000 kms. And as previously meantioned, if you wanted to get a little more adventurous, nistune/power fc + a boost controller and it will run 14psi all day every day no issues at all. The stock internals of an rb25 will take 350hp, (but you will need 18+psi to hit any figures like that, and new injectors and fuel pump) so 14psi will be fine. I had my 34 running 13.5psi on the stock turbo. Risky, I know, but it loved it!

you can run a hiflow on the stock ecu. I'm doing it without any issues with a hypergear hiflow, brand new core in stock compressor/turbine housings. Hypergear hiflow is what, $960? trading in your old turbo. Proven, and bolt-on. I'm personally a fan of alot of things ebay, turbo is a bit hit and miss though as to what would be good I rekon.

Guys, if you use the stock boost solenoid, it'll only boost to the stock setting anyway, which is 7psi, whatever turbo you run. That doesn't require a tune. You could even use an rb20 solenoid which is set to 10psi and you should still be fine.

The only thing you are going to notice with a new turbo is spool speed. The bigger ex wheel you get, the longer it will take to spool.

Definitely pull $350 more for hypergear's high flow. They made a price adjustment now at $850 including oil line. That crazy high flow made 320rwkws E85 with better response then a GTRs.

They work just fine on stock ecu under 10psi.

...ok guys PLEASE read carefully...

"A REBUILT TURBO IS NOT A HIFLOWED TURBO...IT IS MERELY REBUILT TO STANDARD SPECS BUT THE WHEELS ARE MADE OF STEEL INSTEAD OF CERAMIC....THIS WILL NOT EFFECT YOUR TUNE AT ALL..IT WILL FLOW THE SAME AS A STANDARD TURBO ..IT WILL HOWEVER HANDLE MORE BOOST FOR LONGER SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO DO THAT BUT IT WILL REQUIRE SOME TUNING"..

It will cost roughly the same as a hiflow though...

"NO YOU SHOULD NOT RUN A "HIFLOWED" TURBO WITH STOCK ECU AT EVEN STANDARD BOOST AS IT WILL FLOW MORE AIR THAN A STANDARD TURBO..."

Guys, if you use the stock boost solenoid, it'll only boost to the stock setting anyway, which is 7psi, whatever turbo you run. That doesn't require a tune. You could even use an rb20 solenoid which is set to 10psi and you should still be fine.

The only thing you are going to notice with a new turbo is spool speed. The bigger ex wheel you get, the longer it will take to spool.

WRONG!!!

as above, anything bigger than the stock should be tuned, otherwise there's a good chance you'll blow the motor before the tuned cars in the unopened 300kw club (even though you have much less kws)

Voncina- 7 psi on this turbo all good still?

post-90927-0-78853100-1381392871_thumb.jpg

If you aren't interested in the cost of high flowing, getting yours rebuilt with steel wheels and ball bearings would be well worth the money in the long run.

You can bolt it straight back on for reliability for the next 100,000 kms. And as previously meantioned, if you wanted to get a little more adventurous, nistune/power fc + a boost controller and it will run 14psi all day every day no issues at all. The stock internals of an rb25 will take 350hp, (but you will need 18+psi to hit any figures like that, and new injectors and fuel pump) so 14psi will be fine. I had my 34 running 13.5psi on the stock turbo. Risky, I know, but it loved it!

lol..350hp...WOW!!!...

I would run one of Hypergear's highflows on a standard R33 ECU at 7 psi with no concern at all. It might start to get a little R&R, but it probably wouldn't. I am probably the most conservative person on these forums, so if I would do it, then no-one should be concerned by it. At stockish boost it won't be flowing more than a standard turbo does at 10psi or so, and that's usually fine.

Just do the HG highflow and be done with it. Just get the small one. Put the original actuator on it, and if it looks like it doesn't like running even 7psi, then run it without the ECU's boost control solenoid to keep the boost down to ~5 psi. Then you can put the big HG actuator on it when you're ready to do something about the ECU and tuning (and fuel and all that).

I would run one of Hypergear's highflows on a standard R33 ECU at 7 psi with no concern at all. It might start to get a little R&R, but it probably wouldn't. I am probably the most conservative person on these forums, so if I would do it, then no-one should be concerned by it. At stockish boost it won't be flowing more than a standard turbo does at 10psi or so, and that's usually fine.

Just do the HG highflow and be done with it. Just get the small one. Put the original actuator on it, and if it looks like it doesn't like running even 7psi, then run it without the ECU's boost control solenoid to keep the boost down to ~5 psi. Then you can put the big HG actuator on it when you're ready to do something about the ECU and tuning (and fuel and all that).

listen to him :)

FYI (don't do it however) when I ripped apart my old R33 to sell parts, I ran a HKS2535 with the stock ECU, however the A/F weren't that bad at all according to my LC-1 wideband O2. Mind you I did have the stock R33 actuator which is rated at 5psi