SAU Community

What Do You People Think I Should Do? Thanks

And I asked for help not smart arse comments dick! I already said I don't know about air con I'm from some England where you don't use air con so even when I done basic skills in mechanics on different cars I never came across any air con systems so don't know what they look like. Sorry you know every thing and people like me are new to it all and have to ask for help! I can't e dealing with dick heads like you! f**k this shity site

You're right Daniel, there are lots of dickheads on this site. Don't let them put you off, though, as there are genuine people who are willing to help. If all else fails take them to the wasteland and bitch slap them silly. Also good for lulz.

And I asked for help not smart arse comments dick! I already said I don't know about air con I'm from some England where you don't use air con so even when I done basic skills in mechanics on different cars I never came across any air con systems so don't know what they look like. Sorry you know every thing and people like me are new to it all and have to ask for help! I can't e dealing with dick heads like you! f**k this shity site

If you didn't know what you were looking for you should of at least got someone to come with who does know what there looking at. Not having a go you but your really just setting your self up for disappointment trusting any dealer/private seller.

What the dealer has done is very common, its exactly why you don't buy a car from a dealer, you can't trust the f**kers, the amount of dodgy stuff they do is ridiculous. Just take it as a lesson learned and try to get the dealer to fix what you can and go from there. In the mean time call consumer affairs and see what they say.

Things like rear main leaks will be very hard to get them to fix under their 'warranty', unless its absolutely pissing oil out its still technically roadworthy, if its just an oil sweat or minor leak I wouldn't even worry about it, it could even be the rockers leaking down over the gearbox.

End of the day its a 20 year old car, things are going to leak, you can't really expect a dealer or private seller to have everything on the car 100% perfect when selling.

Are you young? Because it just sounds like a lack of buying savvy on your part. Not that it excuses the dealer for their responsibilities (even just ethical ones), but at least you'll know better next time. I wouldn't bother with dealers, unless I decide to buy new.

1. Get the dealer to fix it. It should have 3 months warranty at the very least.

2. Contact DFT/consumer affairs to see what else can be done.

3. Learn from this experience, don't trust anything the salesperson says. You got shafted. Things like checking to see if there was aircon is a given, take someone who knows what to look for next time. When you buy a used car, budget an extra $2k on top for repairs. If you can't afford that, then you can't afford the car.

Welcome to used car ownership and buying from a dealer. You are lucky that you have this SAU community to help you out, so don't be so harsh when you make silly mistakes like not checking the aircon. People will attack you, welcome to the Internet. Even my mum knows how to check if the aircon works.

Good luck.

• Like 1

The air con shows up as working on the dash with air blowing out. If you read back you will see I wrote that I was told by the dealer it just needed gassing. He said it worked when he bought it and yet I should of taken some with me but I don't know any one! I'm new to the country I checked for the basics! It wasn't leaking oil when I went to view it

precisely why you get someone to know what they're doing to look at it.. they probably just masked the leak before you went to check it out.

No aircon pipes on the car.

The air con shows up as working on the dash with air blowing out. If you read back you will see I wrote that I was told by the dealer it just needed gassing. He said it worked when he bought it and yet I should of taken some with me but I don't know any one! I'm new to the country I checked for the basics! It wasn't leaking oil when I went to view it

Yeah man, typical dodgy used car salesman stuff. Well, I'm sure if you went posted in your state's section, someone would help you out. Bit late now that you have purchased the car, you inherited the headaches as well.

All you can do is take the car back and hope the dealer can get it fixed. Contact Fair Trading as soon as possible.

Make up your mind daniel, you go from saying the aircon is all gone in your first statement to saying its blowing air and the dealer says it needs regassing (?)

As stated above get someone who knows what he is f**king doing and get him to check the car over

Yes you may not know anyone but you can get a paid independant report on the whole damn car

Daniel, I have just one question for you.

What would you do differently if you were setting out to inspect a used car (at least 10 yrs old) today with the view of purchasing it?

Btw welcome to Skylines Aust :)

Obviously it will still blow air it's the air con that's missing not the normal heater blower and the car had a road worthy 2 days before I collected it there was no oil on the block, it was very clean and how can I know what something looks like tht I have never seen before? I didn't know what the air con looks like. Every thing under the bonnet in the engine bay for the air con is gone. Why you getting smart aswell I was asking for help what most of you are saying it not helping at all, just criticising me! Yes I made a mistake I know that now f**kin hell seriously it's to late now stop going on about it. I want help to see what I can do about it not about what I done.

1. First right of repair under warranty by the dealer you bought it from

2. Have it checked by another mech to ensure fixëd "ïn a workmanship like manner"

3. and repeat ..... till satisfied !

4. When dealer says no more or F-off call the CTTT

5. Mediation arranged by CTTT (Fair trading)., - if you have a case.

Note: Read your Warranty from the dealer and what your entitled to under the applicable laws.

If it falls outside of your rights then suck it up.

As stated through out this thread - live and learn.

BTW - All states have a service that cost around $300 to carry out an inspection for you.

So after you have done your homework, taken some one who knows what they're doing and your still keen - Pay $300 and get a report.

• 1 month later...

Spotless engine/block in a 20+ year old car....warning bells would set me off straight away!!

Either way, you've been given the best advice you could be given and now the rest is in your hands!!

Personally if someone said it "just" needed re-gassing, I'd make sure they gassed that f@(ker up before I picked it up, then checked that cold a/c air was getting blown out and not just the fan blowing hot air like the dealer!!