SAU Community

Sau Vic Club Permit

blah_blah

Awesome, this has made my week.

I actually rang Shannons yesterday regarding this before I saw this thread and I was told I would save approx. $400/y on insurance alone if the car had club reg.

I was just about to send of application forms to Classic Skylines Australia because I thought club reg. may never happen through SAU, this is great news since I'd still be be much happier doing club events with SAU.

Can someone please clarify if the 25 year rule takes the build date into consideration?

If so, where is the build plate that states what month the car was built? I've got two plates I can find in my engine bay that, one silver tag with '609000HCR32066791'

the other blue plate says:

E-HCR32

HCR32-066791

RCR32GFSM GC

KG1 G

RB20DET 1998 cc

FS5W71C RC43

Not sure if any of this info refers to the build month.

Also,

Lets just say that someone with a 25yo skyline has had an RB25 conversion with all supporting upgrades that hasn't been engineered yet, but otherwise the car is in near perfect roadworthy condition (needs new rear discs), could it be put on club reg. without engineers certificate if it passes everything else?

Apologies if this has already been answered before in another thread?

Cheers,

Rob

25 year rule is meant to take build into consideration.

so from your VIN

July 1990

so 18 months till worry about.

engine swaps are technically allowed

however you need to show it is done well, all the brakes and such is done and the car is safe.

If a car is modified, VIC Roads may ask for a VASS certificate. Not sure if they actually enforce it though

25 year rule is meant to take build into consideration.

so from your VIN

July 1990

so 18 months till worry about.

engine swaps are technically allowed

however you need to show it is done well, all the brakes and such is done and the car is safe.

Dang..

Thanks for looking that up for me Martin, I had no idea. For some reason I thought it was built earlier and something dodgy had been done to comply it as a 90 when I brought it in.

Everything else is above board with the car, pretty confident car would pass a roadworthy with new rear discs as long as height adjustable coil-overs are ok.

If a car is modified, VIC Roads may ask for a VASS certificate. Not sure if they actually enforce it though

thanks Tony, I guess with 18months to wait there will be plenty of people that will test the water before my car is eligible.

Once mine is engineered i will book it in for club reg

martin I will email you a few q's

sending emails at 1 in the morning....does not get you fast answers..oh wait yeah.

Someone over at aus300zx just had his 89' club rego'd and the rules seem to be for imports it's only the year of manufacture that counts as they have no way of confirming the build date. Therefore come Jan 1 of your year you can get in

• 2 weeks later...

You can drive all day everyday if you like but only for 45 - 90 days a year. Depending on the permit you purchase.

If you are driving past midnight you just need to fill in the log book for the next day.

this is good news...1 year to go can i club reg my cressi or is it skylines only?...then if i hang onto the skyline for 4 more years..:P

so sick of paying 700$ a year for a car that gets driven a handful of times...

Is there a limit on the amount of cars I could have under club reg?

So according to what people are saying here I can put a ls1 or rb25/6 in r32 or or s13 but dont need a engineer/vass certificate aslong as its a clean properly done setup? How about emmissions?

Dosnt vicroads say u need a eng certificate for major modifications?

Classic and historic
– manufactured after 31 December 1930, but more than 25 years before the date of the application for a club permit; or
Street rod
– manufactured more than 25 years before the date of application for a club permit and modified in excess of the guidelines contained within the Vehicle Standards Information
No. 8 (VSI8),
Guide to Modifications for Motor Vehicles
;

Modified vehicles should really be on Street rod plates , Original or close to original vehicles should be on Historic plates.

Suspension or Cancellation of Permit
VicRoads may suspend a club permit if it reasonably suspects that
(
a) the vehicle operated under the club permit is not an eligible vehicle; or
(
b) the permit holder is failing to comply with any of the conditions of the club permit; or
(
c) the permit holder has disposed of a vehicle and has not destroyed the club permit label and the vehicle's log book and removed the number plates
(
d) the permit holder is engaging in conduct which threatens public safety or undermines the integrity of the club permit scheme.

Not only does this effect the person and the car that is caught doing the wrong thing, it will also come down on the club/ safety inspector if the club doesn't require RWC for club reg.

Refer club permit application form:

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/rdonlyres/4BC78D16-7C1D-4DCC-B0E7-A3932C2FD2DF/0/ClubPermitApplicationFeb2011.pdf