SAU Community

Squealing Noise From The Engine Bay When I Push The Clutch In.

starwarz

I got an Evo 5, i would ask someone on the evo forum but im not a member and you guy

have always been helpful when i had my skyrine.

So i only recently picked up on this, its not a loud squeal and i can barely notice it

when the engine is on (its does this when its also off). When i push in the blutch

it squeals and when i slowly let go of it just at the friction point it will make a

creaking noise also unoticable when driving.

Shifting is really smooth and gearbox is silent while driving, the car has stock exhaust

so i would pick up on noises whilst driving easily.

The sound is coming from the black arrow pointing to the back circle thing.

Magnus_Clutch_Master_Cylinder_Evo_x_inst

That long black thing is a slave cylinder. Is the sound coming 'from' there, or 'through' there? Maybe you're hearing a squeal from inside the gearbox?

Im pretty sure its not coming from the slave cylinder, i can only hear it coming from the hole leading into the gearbox.

Sounds like the clutch fork pivot point is dry. Peel the boot back and give it a quick squirt http://www.wuerth.co.th/homepage_en/product/product_HHS.html

Just make sure you dont get any on the clutch plate!

^^ correct

had the same issue on my 7, used high temp lube spray from SCA

Awesome thanks for the advice, will give it a go soon this week and let you know how i went.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh im sure they are good to drive. But seriously, the guys that own them here are just dickheads. People have ruined the car. My girlfriend has a polo gti anyway, not as fast but nice to drive

FWD's arent really my thing lol

I'm looking at my next car, I kinda want a C250 (a C63 would be great but a bit out of my price range :) ) or a BMW 323i. I have toyed with the idea of getting a VF Commodore because it makes much more sense. But think I'd rather the BMW at the moment

Wow this is off topic now isnt it...............

FWD's arent really my thing lol

I'm looking at my next car, I kinda want a C250 (a C63 would be great but a bit out of my price range :) ) or a BMW 323i. I have toyed with the idea of getting a VF Commodore because it makes much more sense. But think I'd rather the BMW at the moment

Wow this is off topic now isnt it...............

Our age is showing :(

Yeah BMW 323 would be a great car, just sneak a turbo on it when the missus isn't looking. Should be loads of fun!

Eww don't get a bogandore! Rather a XR6T anyday of the week!