SAU Community

#5 Sydney Skyline - 3 Sisters And Ribterranean

Assasin

Thanks for an awesome cruise boys and girls! Had a great day. Got some good pics. Sorry we missed a great dinner. Rain check? Looking forward to the next one! Ps thanks for the scones assassin! Very nice.

Not a problem. Your welcome :)

Great day guys. Matt, you finally brought the beast down! Terry it's your turn next.

I just realised why so many SAU followers aren't coming... I think they're waiting on the stickers Terry???

Hahaha

• Like 1

533 RYC; PKE11Y and GTR034 - went on a back of pack solo cruise. Pushed hard to catch (whilst observing all requisite [not required] road laws) and could make out Matt's tail lights on the horizon lol. It was a bit like exit pit lane from the railway tracks lol. Fun though and thanks 533 RYC for letting us cut in at the rail tracks.

• Like 2

Had a great time out guys.

Nice to catch up again and got a new place to add to the map lol.

Yes agree fast paced today.

Few people got left back.

Maybe should invest in some walky-talkies/cb radios for next cruise.

Will be looking forward to the next event :)

Shit! I didnt know u were goin bak to the restaurant! I would have came!! I should visit this forum more often! Lol

I had no idea about the cruise till danny call me yesterday. :(

Too eletis for me these days, was not worth the two hour drive to get to the servos.

Used to be very friendly and fun.

Won't bother waisting my petty on a race, err cruise again.

I don't know what happened, but I never got an impression of elitism.

I've been cruising for eleven years with sau,up till now never mattered what you had

But today I noticed how things have changed, as I said before people know where you come

From and treat you accordingly, they can find a car wash to wash there car next time. :-)

There were spots where people went a little quick, but we are all in performance cars. Regardless of law's, this is the type of car owner you are associating with. If you are uncomfortable with the speeds others are doing, Don't do it. I was certainly not the fastest around (You and I are in the same car), I only drove to what I was comfortable doing.

Sorry you felt you couldn't do the same.

P.S. this wasn't SAU, if it were, many wouldn't have been doing what they were doing.

• Like 2

A good day out today, thanks to James for organising the event.

I apologise (to the extent to which I'm responsible, anyway), for the pace early on. It was apparent to me that there was a miscommunication regarding who was actually leading the group (Terry or myself) and after Terry pulled over at Glenbrook and most of the group appeared to follow him off (and after calling to confirm that Terry was under the impression / had been told he was leading) I decided to take off and have a bit of the road to myself, because at least I know this corner of the earth. I wasn't expecting everyone to be following me from Glenbrook onwards. Up until that point on the M4 I was doing at or below the limit to ensure everyone was nice and close.

*Anyway*. With regard to the rest of the day's pace, to be fair, we covered 280 kilometres all up. This also included no fewer than six waypoints / destinations along the way. Think about that! From Rhodes, to the twin servos, to Echo Point (three sisters, where there was no way we could park 20 cars in the vicinity) to Govett's Leap Road, Govett's Leap lookout, Megalong Valley tea rooms, to Bell via Mount Vic and then via Windsor Road to Victoria Road and finally RibTerranean. All in all, besides great food, cars and company, we also took in some amazing roads and were utterly spoiled by the weather. These roads included Cliff Drive from Leura to Echo Point then back to the highway; Govett's Leap road and lookout at Blackheath (with a simply amazing view over the Blue Mountains), Megalong Valley Road (despite some sharpish dips / undulations, an utterly incredible drive anyone who did it would agree); to Darling Causeway and Bells Line of Road through Bilpin and down past the lookouts at Bellbird Hill. Finally (for those who could make it), great food and service at RibTerranean Balmain.

Taking all that into account, I don't think anyone who did the whole thing could really rate the event as anything but a brilliant day out and above expectations for a club cruise.

Please bear in mind I was not an organiser of this cruise and was just along for the ride like the rest of you!

Edit: Great job on the pics so far guys, keep them coming.

Was also great to meet old faces and new - Pete, SammyD, Travis, Raj

• Like 1

Another Sunday well spent with SAU folks. Great day, heaps of fun and lots of driving! ..and the weather was excellent.

Was good to catch up & get to meet new people - Adam, Matt.

Thanks James for organising & ribs were great as always!

Sorry I couldn't continue for most of the cruise, but newborns tend to limit free time! Glad I was there to meet and greet peeps, and give the V's some representation! Definitely getting my day pass for the next cruise.

• Like 3

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• All the above effort, time, swapping out parts in the dark (i.e. no O2 data). You're literally running in the dark.
    • Looks like both of my cars have pressure switch issues. The R32 GTR has 18 flashes on the ATTESSA controller which is "ETS pressure switch circuit". The 4WD light is intermittent, and often just restarting the car clears it. There is an $300 replacement option https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/285675135148?itmmeta=01HXN3YKRGKQ08GRZ5KFKKZWJT&hash=item428390a0ac:g:6CcAAOSwWxBltMEG so if it becomes a permanent issue and I can confirm that the switch is the issue, i have a solution. The NM35 is reporting C1208, and disconnecting the switch causes the 4WD light to go away. Translating from the Japanese shop manual "when the pressure is reduced to 2.6MPa (377 psi) or less: conduction occurs when the pressure increases to 3.8MPa (550 psi) or less: conduction is present. Reference: • Immediately after the E-TS actuator motor stops, the pressure inside the accumulator is high and there is no continuity." Not sure how good the translation is but from what i can deduce this means the switch is normally closed (NC) and as the pressure builds from 0 to 550 psi the switch stays closed, then opens and 550 psi. As the pressure drops from 550 psi to 377 psi the switch stays open then closes again at 377 psi. Is that how these things work? These pressures are a lot higher than the R32 ("control pressure 0-228 psi") but i'm hoping i can find a generic switch (like they've done for the R32) to use as a replacement. Maybe something like https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/355586397452?epid=1676016964&itmmeta=01HXN534AF22ACTG6TGDDQGEQ7&hash=item52ca99d50c:g:mAEAAOSw8ilmBcMh&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA8LtWdNlWHgyJ%2F3cbw25S2A1lde3qBi3fJii4T3lQavCz4kpqiD42SmBa4FocMvXCjcxiowHjb8vZ8%2BWxc53BkHv781tkStSnCDaenfGKC3bIp0keK20dfsn9LoPa3TfqaEmAydqqyKobgTdXsGGzsl%2BRjOVGuD8OIpOv%2B0wMl7aUtHg0iJtojbtzA%2BRS8Xfm8Ufjuvz4niwrqglAXFUbkL6J%2FGuHPeeECZhLBBN3iNM1Swl94Fv5zE95YK%2B5O6dxDN1ySNOjdMxkA8yaprbuwRHFQv1nlGh%2FWjekj6EUFR2%2FO4HTsoKtSAkY0Mj1w1uf1w%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR6zFjKXtYw but with a lower close pressure, and thread adapter if required. Am i dreaming?
    • That is a dead f**king short of B+ to ground. Scary.
    • 10-15 years ago, the answer would always be buy a good import motor and so many machine shops make.a hash of an engine rebuild, or they think they are some sort of RB magicians and want 40k.      Now as others have stated, you are buying a VERY old used motor. So rebuild is the correct answer.  Just finding a machine shop that will both do a good job and charge you a regular price is now your challenge.