SAU Community

Help With R33 Fuel Cut

Ill talk to him about it but i have not met the guy yet so i dont want to go around there asking the world he was nice enough to offer me to borrow a tool which i found extremely odd as my previous experance with forums and there users there full of douch bags i must say this one seems quiet a bit differant ive had some great responses and helpfull advice.

Cheers :)

superben is right.....

there is no way of testing the coilpacks under "high" boost.

you can swap one and try it, keep going until you find it. but more than likely, a few of them have deteriorated.

can't you test them with an oscilliscope?

I do. But Never used it on coils to inspect if they are faulty. I wouldn't think it would be easy to do. And it wouldn't show up if the coil is arcing out the side through a small crack or something.

Good way of ruining the oscilloscope I would say, unless you can isolate the probe somehow. (I wouldn't be trying it with mine) Still won't show up what's happening under boost without some ingenuity on the dyno.

I don't have RB coils here, but VQ coils don't seem to have any of these issues. ;) (I am running 30-40psi on my original coils) they could possibly work if you removed the ignitor. You would need to make up some new brackets though, and hope the dwell is ok with the stock computer.

Good way of ruining the oscilloscope I would say, unless you can isolate the probe somehow. (I wouldn't be trying it with mine) Still won't show up what's happening under boost without some ingenuity on the dyno.

I don't have RB coils here, but VQ coils don't seem to have any of these issues. ;) (I am running 30-40psi on my original coils) they could possibly work if you removed the ignitor. You would need to make up some new brackets though, and hope the dwell is ok with the stock computer.

the rb coils are awesome, but cos of nissan prices, they are usually the 20 year old originals... slap some new oem in and your laughing.

I was farting around last night with the shitta and discovered more than 1 air leak some of them i created when i decided to go 40psi using Scotts blanking tool as i poped a few hoses of however the factory blow of valve seems to leak at about 4psi so id say the spring is shagged ill make a braket up and try plumb in one i have sitting around its just a black plastic bosch unit cant remember where i got it but it held of on my old E15 to 20psi so should be good ill test again once i fit this or try and source another factory one as i do like a standard looking engine bay.

Cheers again to all of you for your help been very refreshing to get some decent answers with intelect behind them not just replace this that and the other.

Factory bov has a hole in it.that is probably what you heard leaking.

You can plug it up with a grub screw, but it can make the transition onto boost not as nice. Maybe plug it for the test and test drive, then remove once all good.