SAU Community

Sau Vic 2014 Motorsport Championship Round 3 - Sandown Saturday 12Th April - Be Quick

emts

Hey martin can you remind Richo to bring the flags.

Can we use one garage as the SAU garage to hang out in?

Just booked some garages for another group of cars.

Looks like it will be madness out there

Will be interesting to see they attempt to run a parallel WRX/Porsche day again. Weather was good, it started bang on time but the number of groups and offs/delays severely impacted track time including the one that closed the track early cancelling the last couple of sessions during which I normally get my PB :-)

SAU BBQ saved the day

Laps from my last session.

http://youtu.be/tlrwEWB7cC4

Seems I didn't find those fast lines!

• Like 1

Basic HD gopro mounted on the front bar (wish I had remote capability) and family vid camera mounted to roll cage. With v wide FoV Gopros need to be close to the action, if you mount high, really lose sense of speed and I need all the help I can get.

A few too many cars on the day, it was slow going getting through the groups. Credit to the officials though, as soon as the last car hit the pit entry the next group was straight out, the communication on the PA was great as well. I can understand it works financially, 7 groups of 20 odd is just too many cars though.

10152629_852682571424787_635599867051835

A few too many cars on the day, it was slow going getting through the groups. Credit to the officials though, as soon as the last car hit the pit entry the next group was straight out, the communication on the PA was great as well. I can understand it works financially, 7 groups of 20 odd is just too many cars though.

Agreed on the officials front. Overall well run given group 1 cars couldn't manage to stay on the black :D

Squires steaks for lunch sorted that out at least, delicious.

I can understand financially to a point, track hire was 7k (obviously plus timing, ambo etc). There is viable and then there is overload... 127 entires x $205... :/

The organisation from a communication point of view was good with the PA. Also don't think I have ever seen every flag point at Sandown occupied with 1 person, let alone 2! Had a chat with one of the WRX committee guys and can understand their position, wouldn't be easy organising these days and keeping them financially viable. I for one would be happy to pay a higher entry fee if it meant more track time and less entrants.

Got told I was over driving after one of my sessions, don't recall going off the track or displaying any un-sportsman like behaviour but officials word is final so that's that I guess. Was also a bit disappointed to only get 4 sessions as entry was almost as much as the last PI day but you some people cause red flags when "over driving" ;)

But anyway on a positive note, still a good day out with everyone else and glad the weather held out. We got a good turn out with 16 SAU cars entered (was 12 at Calder and 11 at PI), so the social aspect, club putting on a BBQ etc is great to see. Though I don't recall seeing any banners....richo?

Chris Thomson (2)     Nissan GTR            SKL  W5  1:17.1671
Aaron Barnes (2)      Nissan SkylineR35 GT  SKL  W13 1:19.5775
Paul Stephenson (2)   Nissan Skyline        SKL  W13 1:20.4662
Chris Madden (2)      Nissan Skyline        SKL  W13 1:21.9777
Craig Ferdinands (2)  Audi RS5              AO3  W13 1:23.8115
David Macdermid (7)   Nissan Skyline        SKL  W15 1:24.0630
Andrew Collins (2)    Nissan Skyline R31    SKL  W13 1:25.3892
John Packham (4)      Nissan 200sx s14      AO3  W14 1:27.9760
John Richardson (2)   Nissan Skyline R33 G  SKL  W12 1:28.5096   Nice skyline 
Huy Phan (4)          Nissan 200sx          AO3  W10 1:29.0692
Bradley Friar (7)     Nissan Skyline GTR    SKL  W12 1:30.2993
Ash Cosgriff (6)      HSV Clubsport         AO3  W11 1:30.4107
Dave Marinucci (4)    Toyota 86             AU3  W10 1:33.9930
Chris Starr (7)       BMW 328is             AU3  W15 1:34.1254
Martin Sullivan (4)   Nissan 200sx          AO3  W6  1:37.3363
Justin Connell (6)    Nissan Skyline        SKL  W7  1:45.7974

Wasn't sure if I was still doing the championship spreadsheet so just did it now. Have guessed some peoples categories based on times so if its wrong let me know.

And for LOL's or state the bleeding obvious, attached racechrono data comparing the prius and RS5. Horsepower is definitely king at Sandown. Lost 3secs on the front, 3.5 on the back and another 1 just on the straights!

2014_ClubChampionship.xlsx

post-18098-0-09847900-1397643711_thumb.png