SAU Community

Sau-Vic Motorsport Discussion

R31Nismoid

There is already motorsport sponsors for the c/ship, so that should extent to anything further related to it as a value add rather than seeking additional.

Indeed DECA is different, and maybe not discuss this week... But DECA is the 'gateway' to motorsport for SAU Vic and the broader community. Lots started at DECA and are now on the track so certainly needs to be a part of the overall motorsport agenda.

There seems to be lots of rumours around about what is (or is not) happening to DECA itself... It would be good to see information surrounding that brought to members attention and also the sponsors. That comers back to the point around communication with member base, awareness and the feeling of involvement etc. Never know, someone might have a left field idea :)

Deca right now is up in the air. What was discussed in the wrap up thread has slightly evolved. Put simply, the future of deca is now out of our hands. Deca has allegedly been advised not to accept AASA insurance, meaning CAMS is the only option. AASA is aware of this and is working through it. We have overcome the issues we faced after the last deca and SAU Victoria has been invited back. The issue is that if AASA don't get up and we have to start running the event with CAMS then there will be some significant changes and increases in cost.

Once we know the outcome with AASA we will advise further.

We are working on other backup plans which could be pretty damn cool if they go ahead but they too will get revealed when we know where we stand.

Same. EVERYONE should get on it!

Some issues that can be raised:

- Lack of venues willing to accommodate grass root/club events.

- Bureaucratic/red tape issues for event organisers.

- Need for club track car registration to reduce costs.

- Noise restrictions at events.

• Like 1

Same. EVERYONE should get on it!

Some issues that can be raised:

- Lack of venues willing to accommodate grass root/club events.

- Bureaucratic/red tape issues for event organisers.

- Need for club track car registration to reduce costs.

- Noise restrictions at events.

Would you believe I filled it out earlier this arvo and that's pretty much what I said? :thumbsup:

I let them have it, easy 700+ words in the open comments sections just on all of that and why it's so broken.

I would encourage everyone to do the same also. Let them have it, CAMS need a lot of hard honest truths.

• Like 1

link to survey: https://www.cams.com.au/media/news/latest-news/cams-survey

also worth mentioning are that AASA licences (for eg national racing licence) isnt permitted at CAMS L2S events, even though its a step above the CAMS equivalent.

Shared in the NSW Motorsport thread and the tarmac rally thread. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Seen the latest CAMS newsletter?

Come and Try Days - which can be incorporated into club regular events

CAMS offering support to Clubs to run "Come and Try Days" for more details we need to contact CAMS Sport and Club Development Officer on [email protected].

Is this something new, could we work this in to cover our passenger/driver training points?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've never done circuit racing before and i got roped into doing this 6hr thing with a few blokes i know. Iv drifted the car heaps of times with zero cooling issues. Gotta hit up a winton fun day to get a taste of this circuit racing people speak of. Excited to say the least :woot:

Come to the next SAU Vic round Phil!

You won't find the level of knowledge in any one place like you do there. Plus everyone is always happy to help and share knowledge in true SAU fashion :)

This is why I will be applying for my sau vic membership this week ash. Iv been itching to get amongst it all now that I no longer drift. Fun times ahead!

Whens the next round ash?

Oooohhh if I get my brake pads and stuff in and fitted before the event then i'm IN.

Membership sent in :)

Edit: Who's used the Project MU Club racer carbon/ceramic pads?

Edited by LTHLRB

I use Club Racers on my road registered car, they work from cold and they hold up for a full sprint session, readily available for my calipers - good enough for me.

I wasn't experienced enough when using other pads to advise whether bite/modulation etc is better with these.

Ferodo ds2500 have worked well for me on the street and track with both the 86 and golf. Prob not so good on heavier cars like a Gtr etc though