SAU Community

Rb25 Neo Twin Turbo Manifold

That's what I run. It's a good reliable turbo. You will need an external housing for it, I have been using the Taiwanese stainless ones with great success, also the Kando housings work very well. I picked mine up on sale at MTQ a few months ago for $930.

For an Rb30det the turbine housing is too small. You can get more power and hold boost better by just replacing the .63 turbine with a .82 turbine. It should get you about 300rwkws, but I don't think it will do more.

Alternatively I do have 10cm turbines that is made for external gating that I can machine up to suit the current core and you can get Scotty to drill and weld an gate on the side of it.

change the diff ratio first! before doing anything else, it will make a world of a difference

* (if you don't have the torque to push the higher gearing)

I listened to similar advice and wished i didn't. All I noticed was worse fuel economy due to 500 revs more on the freeway. If it's a road car you really need to think twice.

Diff has 4 pin borg warner conversion so its not an issue. 355 gers will make the car prpell faster but also makes wheel spin easier too. if I exturnal gate the op6 to control the boost in the top end and go e85 I think it will make the power close to what I want.

• 3 months later...

Well I have picked up a gtx3071r. From what I have been informed this turbo won't be able to make the rwhp I want. Spoke with Mike vine turbos in Brisbane. They told me to get the power I want I need a minimum of a gtx3076r or better yet a gtx3582 with .63 rear. Thats on pump fuel. If I change to e85 would it make the power (gtx3071r) that is.

I make 330kw at all 4 through an unlocked stall converter, the GTX3071 will easily do it, on the stock manifold if you externally gate the housing. Even internally gated it will crack 300 on e85.

The GTX3076 is a 400kw turbo on ethanol.

If you plan to run petrol you may have a hard time making 300, but it could still get there if you have a great setup. I just don't like leaning on petrol tunes that hard...

Ok. I now have these mods to do. Custom hi mount manifold with exturnal gate. Gtx3071r turbo. 1000cc injector twin 044 pumps head has allready been ported stage 1 pon tom cams 3 inch turbo back exhaust 100 cell cat. 600x300x76 cooler and change to e85. Should get me to where I want to be. . Will I need head studs or anything else.