SAU Community

The Fuel Pump Thread

Would be better with injector duty cycle but a great idea.

I did some tricky wiring and used a voltage booster in my car.

Gives me three speeds - 10v, 14v, 16.5v

Edited by The Mafia

Apparently you can adjust the speed as low as you like to slow the fuel pump down but still keeping it's factory 12 volt supply but just pulsing it.

And the trigger to speed up the pump can be rpm or tps or another trigger.

Edited by mr skidz

My old man and cousin run the Aeromotive unit. It's very sensitive to voltage but works well. They run there's off the rpm signal.

sweet, did they buy it locally or online I don't think you could find one off the shelf in Australia.

Perfect fix really for massive fuel systems uses dailies

I was planning the same a few month ago.

A tuner in the know mentioned they were experiencing issue maintaining a solid even fuel pressure with it.

Consensus seems to be that you will need to run a fuel pressure damper to absorb the spikes in pressure.

• Like 1

I was planning the same a few month ago.

A tuner in the know mentioned they were experiencing issue maintaining a solid even fuel pressure with it.

Consensus seems to be that you will need to run a fuel pressure damper to absorb the spikes in pressure.

wasn't that from using hard fuel lines and massive injectors over 2000cc

Worst case scenario it spikes a touch, it won't matter touch of extra juice it'll be hardly measurable.

extra safety more cooling from extra fueling . ;)

Edited by mr skidz

You can get ones that fit into the fuel line, however the stock S2000 ones are cheap and reliable and i like the idea of it being right next to the injectors where the issue comes from rather than further back down the line.

I'm hearing ya, but if part of the issue is from a big pump being pulsed by a speed controller than you'd want to rectify any irregularities prior to feeding the rail I would have thought?

If the issue is in the rail only then it must be fitted to the rail.

Not sure on how these dampeners are designed, but would they possibly be able to absorb some of the rail pressure once on boost thus affecting the total amount of rail pressure to feed the injectors correctly ?

May sound dumb. But I always thought the fpr regulated flow and pressure before the injectors. While the damper was on the return, making sure there is also fuel pressure while damping flow for an even rate flow back to the tank.

Some blokes have had problems with hard starting and the damper open which causes the fuel rail to run dry.