SAU Community

The Fuel Pump Thread

Not really sure about being quiet as a mouse. I suppose everyone's idea of "quiet" may differ.

I installed my 044 in my last car in tank submerged and could not be heard at all. absolutely nothing , just surround it completely with fuel resistant rubber and submerged in the tank it's quiet as cannot be heard at all 0db Edited by mr skidz

In tank is a little different to external though.

E85, 044's ain't upto it. I've gone through two pairs of them and totally over it.

There must be a better pump than these that last.

Anyone got a flow chart for a nismo in tank.

I know it flows 4.6L a min at 42psi but I'm looking for more info

I've tried to find this info but it was impossible. I ran out of puff on E85 with mine at 6500rpm @ 380awkw. I would say that is about 300LPH at 65psi.

yeah 044 external is massive can be heard coming down the street no problems

One of the main issues with the bosch pumps making noise is their feed. When they are noisy it means they are starving and not sucking in fuel as fast as they would like to. They have a huge suction fitting for a good reason. Have a look, if you improve the feed of the pump (Larger hoses) you'll find that the noise will be significantly less.

Also, for you of you fellow propellor heads. I was reading this thread. It has almost EVERYTHING you need to know about fueling.

Here is something that I will be trying to do in the coming weeks:

at 12 V the 044 makes 12.9 liters per hour per amp

at 12 V the 040 makes 9.27 liters per hour per amp

note according to Bosch's own data (chart in post one)

the 044 makes 240 L/hour at 13 V!

8.3% increase in volts produces 20% more flow!

i spoke w the Jim at Kenne Bell friday....

according to their very well executed flow bench the Walbro E85 460LPH makes:

389 Liters per hour at 60 psi on 13.5 volts and...............

568 Liters per hour at 60psi on 16 volts.

http://www.rx7club.com/single-turbo-rx-7s-23/fuel-pumps-2014-a-1062109/

Yep.... I will be using some step up transformers, or increasing my alternator voltage (Probably won't be able to do that though). even at 15 volts that pump would be more than enough for me on it's own. (450awkw @ 25psi)

Edited by The Mafia

@ Scotty, thoughts on the Fuelab Prodigy 42402?

http://fuelab.com/products/race/prodigy-fuel-pumps/item/42402_prodigy_fuel_pump_high_power_efi_in_line/

Have you seen the new Fuelab 52902 electronic fuel pressure regulators?

http://fuelab.com/products/performance/fuel-pressure-regulators/529-series-electronic-fuel-pressure-regulators/item/52902_electronic_fuel_pressure_regulator/

Im at fuel system stage, may need to call for advice man........

@ Scotty, thoughts on the Fuelab Prodigy 42402?

http://fuelab.com/products/race/prodigy-fuel-pumps/item/42402_prodigy_fuel_pump_high_power_efi_in_line/

Have you seen the new Fuelab 52902 electronic fuel pressure regulators?

http://fuelab.com/products/performance/fuel-pressure-regulators/529-series-electronic-fuel-pressure-regulators/item/52902_electronic_fuel_pressure_regulator/

Im at fuel system stage, may need to call for advice man........

Yeh Peter, I have the 1500hp pump here I am still planning to fit to the Stagea. I saw their PWM output regs, they should work well together.

Much better idea than running the PWM output from the Haltech I think. What's better to control the pump speed than the reg?

Scotty swayed me to the 460l . happy camper so far.

They are hard to beat for the price, and for the road intank pumps are definitely the go, unless you have crazy saddle tanks and need a surge tank setup...

• Like 2

What are your thoughts on boot mounting that reg?

Im wondering if i could be bothered running a boost line to the boot, sounds like its more trouble than its worth to clear up some engine bay space.

Then again you need to run wires there anyway......maybe same same.....then again if the boost reference line gets pinched......

Ah, hang on, just realized, ive go the old fuel line feed or return that could be used to run vacuum/boost to the boot.

Need to think this over a bit.....

• Like 1

Hrmm seems bosch pumps and e85 arent a good mix. Ill be getting a tune in October hopefully so im interested to see how the 040 and external 044 go on e85.

I have -6n like from the surge tank going to the 044 should I change it out for a -8n line even though the rest is -6n? Or just stick it on the dyno and see if it comes back with any issus then address them later?

I set the car up orgionally for pump fuel with 550ccs then switched to bigger injectors and e85. Guess ill run the pumps until they get noisy and swap them out for something E compatible.