SAU Community

Tyre Size For Te37Sl's

Patski

Hey guys, just recently bought myself a new set of TE37SL Black Editions in 18 x 9.5 + 22 and was wondering what tyres would fit well on my R34 GT-T. I plan on rolling the guards and most probably removing the inner lining @ the front to reduce chance of scrubbing. Any advice would be much appreciated!

+29 / +30 offest is ideal for the R34GTT. (in my opinion)

However 7or8mm wont make a difference in your case - A 265 /35/R18 will be fine and the tyre will sit flush with the guard.

on a +29 a 255 sits flush with the rim and guard.

Edit: Sounds like you bought GTR fitment.

8.5" on the front for the GTT

Edited by Sinista32
  • Like 1

I spoke to the owner of this R34 a while ago and understand they are running the same spec wheels I have all round, with rolled guards and removed inner splash guard on the front but I didn't manage to catch the Tyre size :(

post-135456-0-55942300-1408834205_thumb.png

Edited by Patski

Apparently they're Achilles 235/35/18. Been looking for places that stock that size in Syd and it's near impossible to find. Anyone know a stockist? Or should I run 235/40/18 (easier to find and I guess less strain on the stretch?)

235/40r18 would be the go, very common size so you'll have many more choices with better prices

plus, as above, 235/35 on a 9.5" rim is a fair stretch

You can check out examples on this website http://www.tyrestretch.com/

Or maybe a 245/35, I see that size every now and again, a friend of mine runs 245/35 on 9" wheels and it sits pretty flat.

• Like 1

235s are illegal on 9.5 rims. Why on earth would you buy wide wheels and put narrow tyres on? Why don't you think about tyres BEFORE you buy the wheels?

Tyres were taken into consideration before the wheels were purchased. I have been getting different suggestions from various people, all of which mind you, have been very similar. Thought I'd take a punt on here for valid opinions. Didn't think it would make people so mad. Edited by Patski

You can usually look up what the rim size range is acceptable for the tyre manufacturer. EG:

http://www.yokohamatire.com/tires_101/customizing/rim_wheel_width/

The reason people get mad is that Skylines are supposedly about good engineering. Putting a fitment set of tyres/rims on them is seen to be the same as neons.

I'm not racing my Skyline, I should have cleared that up in my OP. Regardless, I'm not trying to stick these wheels on their car. Thank you for the link though mate, I'll check it out.

I'm not racing my Skyline, I should have cleared that up in my OP. Regardless, I'm not trying to stick these wheels on their car. Thank you for the link though mate, I'll check it out.

Lol

You don't have to be racing a car to have a reason to put correct size rims/tyres on a car. You just need to want to not turn a car that handles very well into one that doesn't. (and potentially get a defect in the process)

18x9.5 +22 all round is considered a GTR size but post up your results as it'll be interesting to see how it turns out.