SAU Community

Nrma Vintage And Classic Insurance

In WA, SGIO vintage veterans classic policy

About 480 a year full comprehensive cover!

Agreed value of 45k (due to high km on R)

That sounds great, what restrictions do they put on the Policy.

Mine was over 3 times as much for $65k and I thought that was a great price, but there are restrictions, NO more than 10 times a month can you use your car, no shopping, no dropping the kids off to school etc . You must have a DD!

When you look up SGIO and put in NSW it directs you to their partner in NSW, the NRMA , that is who I use but the price is so much higher. I do live in a country town, so it is not like I live in a suburb that is high risk :wacko:

• Like 1

Best give nrma a call as there's selection criteria one has to meet (15 year old car and older/ enclosed garage or gated carport with hard roof/ car not primary vehicle and driven like a weekender - no more then 10 times a month and less then 9000km p.a)

Those are just some, so it's not a policy for everyone

As I said in earlier posts, this new 10 times a month will be harder to police than 9000klm PA. At least with the 9000klm they can have a chance of checking your klms on the odometer, but 10 times a month would be a nightmare to keep track of, or prove ??

Does it mean you can use your car 120 times a year, or if you used your car 1 time during a month and then 10 times half way through the next month, that you cannot dive it one more time that month and you cannot use any of the 9 drives from the month before that you did not use. Just joking, but it seems to be just about impossible to enforce .

Perhaps NRMA VVC's main criterion is the car's age nowadays.

The insurance company methinks, assumes that if the owners are taking good care of their cars 15yrs old and over, that they wouldn't want to run up the mileage anyway.

What makes me think this is that unlike other insurance companies, VVC doesn't have any insistence on an AD/NZ Certified Security Alarm System - nor one with black wiring - nor a 3-way.

• Like 1

There is no doubt that you can get your car insured closer to it's worth, but unfortunately not what we spent on them, or think they are worth, lol

My premium dropped by $500 and the agreed value went up $20,000 BUT naturally there are trade offs with driving limitations, but I think for most of us , well worth it :yes:

• Like 1

i don't care about what ive spent I know its money I will never get back, but if something happens to it, I want to be able to purchase another one in the same condition and at what I had it valued at before that wasn't possible

• Like 1

^^^ Exactly, but I doubt if some of us would ever be able to insure the car for what we have spent but at least it is closer than the crappy amount some other companies will insure us for and then charge a shit load more for the honour of using their company

• 1 month later...

Volatility *cough - Appreciating values means that many GT-Rs are worth more this year than last year.

Start negotiating between insurance companies (plural) when you get your renewal this year.

application... denied :(

car is too new, apparently being very picky on the 15 year rule; 2 months ago i might have had a chance (or so i was told) but i was told they're being very strict now.

sucks... only other viable options are still exy (Shannons and LSV)

anyone else have a 2001, 2002 with this veteran/vintage mob?

why not? Because mods?

Could have been a lot of blokes trying to get the insurance with hot cars, sure they fall under what was their policy but I guess someone in NRMA did not like the idea and figured a lot of these cars are built to go fast for a reason, to go fast.

But there are also older blokes that might might get it without a problem?.

Lets face it you can buy a car off the showroom floor that fly's, shit you can insure a GTR for $150,000 cheaper than a Skyline GTR at less than half the price, so go figure ???????????

But like all cars on our roads, you must obey the rules.

Edited by Nismo 3.2ish