SAU Community

Nrma Vintage And Classic Insurance

Anyone can cancel a policy at anytime regardless if you make monthly installments or paid in full and you should be credited For days in the month unused then start a new policy with NRMA

Edited by mr skidz

Anyone can cancel a policy at anytime regardless if you make monthly installments or paid in full and you should be credited For days in the month unused then start a new policy with NRMA

Thats what i thought also.

Either way i was in the green because i was still within the cooling off period with Just Car, my first payment was also not processed yet, so no refund needed.

Okay soooooooo. I misunderstood it as needing another vehicle insured with NRMA. They just wanted to make sure i have access to another vehicle for everyday use, which i do. I am 24 just if anyone is curious.

So final outcome was:

Agreed Value - 50k

Excess - $500

Premium - $840

Im honestly surprised how much cheaper it is. I was about to pay $2900 Premium and $1800 Excess. :/:/:/

Thanks for the help guys :)

Np. Congratulations!

• Like 1

Ok, so I have a 2001 R34 Vspec-II.

I WAS insured with Lumley Special Vehicle.

Agreed Value: $65,000

Premium: $1,100

Excess: $1,000

Just got a quote with NRMA Vintage and Classic.

Agreed Value: $75,000

Premium: $1,080

OR

Premium: $1,200

Excess: $300

And I still haven't listed my mods for NRMA policy. Maybe I could bring it up to $80,000 agreed value?

Also, I will try to bring up the value with Lumley and see how much premium it'll get

Looks like I will make the switch though.

p.s. I was also surprised that NRMA VVC didn't ask what model my GTR was. So being a non-spec, vpsec, vpsec-II, nur, etc wouldn't matter to them?

• Like 2

Ok, so I have a 2001 R34 Vspec-II.

I WAS insured with Lumley Special Vehicle.

Agreed Value: $65,000

Premium: $1,100

Just got a quote with NRMA Vintage and Classic.

Agreed Value: $75,000

Premium: $1,080

OR

Premium: $1,200

Excess: $300

And I still haven't listed my mods for NRMA policy. Maybe I could bring it up to $80,000 agreed value?

Also, I will try to bring up the value with Lumley and see how much premium it'll get

Looks like I will make the switch though.

p.s. I was also surprised that NRMA VVC didn't ask what model my GTR was. So being a non-spec, vpsec, vpsec-II, nur, etc wouldn't matter to them?

I think it depends on who you get on the phone and how much they know about these cars.

I wasn't asked about vspec/II/nur, but i did mention it and she made the according selection from the list. Not even sure if anything other than standard/vspec exists for them as she went through the list for me and did not mention vspecII or nur.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I have decided to make the switch from LSV to NRMA VVC

Instead of the first quote of $75,000 agreed value and $1,080 Premium,

after listing all my mods, I have brought it up to $80,000 agreed value.

$1,130 Premium and $1,000 Excess.

Slightly cheaper than LSV but insured for alot more :smile:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I have decided to make the switch from LSV to NRMA VVC

Instead of the first quote of $75,000 agreed value and $1,080 Premium,

after listing all my mods, I have brought it up to $80,000 agreed value.

$1,130 Premium and $1,000 Excess.

Slightly cheaper than LSV but insured for alot more :smile:

is your mods listed on your insurance certificate?

Im also with NRMA VC, but at the time, we agreed on higher insured value (due to mods) but I didn't provide them a list, rep said I could update online but I don't see any such options

is your mods listed on your insurance certificate?

Im also with NRMA VC, but at the time, we agreed on higher insured value (due to mods) but I didn't provide them a list, rep said I could update online but I don't see any such options

I don't think theres an online option for that.

I've sent them the mod list via Email. They will then save the whole list under your profile/policy in their own system. (Call up to let them know/confirm the mod list is saved.)

• 1 month later...

R33 V-Spec Series 3

NRMA - 45k value @ 1050pa (Unlimited Mods)

Shannons - 30k Value @ $2250pa (Shannons price kept increasing with modification list)

As I have other policies with NRMA there quote came down a bit more

Very surprising... Hard to keep under the km per year to qualify for the vintage policy @ $700

Also from my daily drivers policies NRMA claims are quick & somewhat hassle free (for an insurance company...)

• Like 1

R33 V-Spec Series 3

NRMA - 45k value @ 1050pa (Unlimited Mods)

Shannons - 30k Value @ $2250pa (Shannons price kept increasing with modification list)

As I have other policies with NRMA there quote came down a bit more

Very surprising... Hard to keep under the km per year to qualify for the vintage policy @ $700

Also from my daily drivers policies NRMA claims are quick & somewhat hassle free (for an insurance company...)

$1050 is pretty good imo.

I think the nrma vintage has now erased the km per year restrictions? It is now something like 10 times usage per month instead.

• Like 2

$1050 is pretty good imo.

I think the nrma vintage has now erased the km per year restrictions? It is now something like 10 times usage per month instead.

Yes they changed the 9000klm to 10 trips a month a while ago.

A bit silly and harder to keep track of if you ask me.

So you could do 10 return trips Sydney to Melbourne for example, about 17000klm in a month OR a year and it is a lot more than the original 9000klm , got me beat ?

A lot of blokes on here seem to get their jollies off on the track and are not insured while on the track. I would think that most of them are better drivers than the norm on the road, well maybe, lol