SAU Community

Biggest Low Mount Turbo On Rb25Det

DK-Spec

Instead of looking for why the EMU is crap on WWW try looking for information on why people choose high quality stand alone ECU's. Why would there be much information on a path that most choose to avoid?

The cost of doing things twice hurts but if you have your mind made up then good luck and I hope it works out.

• Like 1

@ Mark thanks a lot! youre post doesn`t say that its waste of time and cash which was spend ^^" if thats so that it will be good but maybe not good enough to tune it to my level so i will try :-)

@ Wolverine i wasn`t looking on the WWW "why is EMU crap" -,-" i`m not that stupid. But i can`t find reasons why to trash it...buying a old standalone like PFC or new other stuff for lot more than twice the price of the EMU is not logical for me when the EMU can reach my goal.

@ Zebra why was it rubbish? what was wrong?

@ Josh it wasn`t handy? thats all? gonna spend a bit time on it to understand it. Can`t be possible that Japanese guys are an other kind of Human and only they can understand EMU XD

i see...nobody can tell me why it`s a stupid piggyback and why and what trouble it makes

i try to search the board again...hope i`ll find some good posts :-/

You can get a Z32 ECU and have it modified to run a RB25 and install a Nistune board in it.

This is still an OEM ECU so if you're controlled by cops or whatever it's still "OEM like".

I would buy a decent standalone.

Having modified Nissans over several years I always wish I had listened to those that were more knowledgeable and bought quality parts in the first place whether it was injectors or ecu's or tyres. It seems like you are saving money but the cost comes when you get a poor result and/or do it all over again.

Everyone here is recommending you ditch the EMU and go a standalone as you will get a better result. Good luck which ever way you go.

Okay so i`ll do it that way...comming year i`ll upgrade to an HKS GT-RS clone the GT2871R (or will be the GT2876R better?) because i have the Turbinehousing from a GT2535R which has the same turbine as GT2871R and GT2876R.

I guess the EMU is fine at this point...or am i still wrong? O.o

and when i finished the Engine i`ll go for the TD06...but with a stand alone then...

Which one is the best and easier to tune? I still wanna use NVCS...i like the character of the RB25det...not much till 4500rpm but above it runs :-) oh reasonably priced of course ^^" is there something with R33 Harness??

• 6 years later...
On 26/09/2014 at 12:56 PM, DK-Spec said:

seems to be exactly the same position as the oem manifold...

post-104454-0-04263700-1411725346_thumb.jpg

I have used this Chinese manifold and immediately after installation was leaking a lot of air!

My mechanic suggested to machine grind the whole surface and now the leak is gone for now ( one day use ) I'm really worried about this now, can you give feedback?

Man resurrection of the thread after 7 years !

Yep your mechanic was right  . . . however I've also used a Chinese manifold in the past and it suffered warping and cracking.

Had it re welded and supporting pins put in from the turbo flange to the head flange for support as the weight of the turbo combined with the heat tends to warp the thin tubing. Then got it machined flat.

Or you can save up your lunch money and buy a high quality exhaust manifold and you wont have to worry about it ever again.

Or just run the one you've got UNTIL you can get a quality manifold

Or . . . . . . Nup I'm done . . . . .