SAU Community

R32 Exemption

bracky

Hi,

I own a r32 gts-t at the moment and I'm tying up between going for an exemption or selling so i wanted to come on here and just ask around on what would be the possibilities of actually getting it passed with the rta. The gts-t being banned though it comes under the 130kw/t rules does my head in so i was thinking would there be the option of getting the car dynoed + weigh bridge cert just to show some figures for the rta and prove that it comes under laws? Also its stocker then your mums prius so would that benefit me in anyway? Another option is im currently studying at uni and my dad ownes a company car whilst my mum ownes her own car and uses it for work so that limits me to the gts-t, would that be an option?

cheers.

Hey mate if the car is banned it's banned. no way around it unfortunately.

There are certain cars that have been allowed as they fall under the 130kw/tonne limit. However sports cars like skylines are still disallowed. It just means you can drive your mum's VW TSI

A bit of a crap solution, but dereg the car and buy a shitty daily. Drive for 3 years with clean record, get full license, re-register car and enjoy.

R32s are holding their value somewhat, but if you're super keen to have one then keep it. Otherwise, sell and drive a nicer daily. In 3 years time other newer turbo cars will be cheaper.

I have read the S14's are p plate legal, I haven't checked the site, but it's a good turbo option for P platers. Heaps of wheel choice, body kits and dose, P platers dream.

Just checked, S14 and 15 are allowed. Pretty awesome P plate cars if you can handle or like the sound they make.

Edited by FordyR31

All turbo imports (at least from Japan) are still under a blanket ban. The S14 and S15 that are legal and permitted are the ADM models. A JDM S15 is banned compared to a ADM S15. So Skylines don't fall under the power to weight rule.

• 2 weeks later...