SAU Community

2015 Annual General Meeting 20-08-2015

Cadmoon

In the old days, most Membership Applications were completed or secured at cruises.

Where SAU thrives and is so often sourced is through technical info and build info.

Every SAU.NSW Tech Day is virtually booked out.

And that's where our Membership Applications come from these days.

By calling places who are willing to host Tech Arvo or Tech Night, the CEOs can see the benefit of a win-win. They benefit and the Club benefits and the members benefit.

Don't let the Club go down please?

• Like 1

Where we've held Tech Nights and Tech arvos so far have been...

* National Tyre Wholesalers

* Wholesale Suspension - re preparing the car for the track

* JLM - re servicing

* Meguiar's - re detailing and wraps

* JEM - re builds

* Heasman's - re suspension components

* Top Secret Imports

* DBA - re brakes

* Syrios - re engineering certification and defect clearing

* Carbon Car Systems - re security

* LiquiMoly - re additives and lubrication

* JEM - re ECUs and tuning

* Nulon - re oils and contaminants

Ones coming up...

* HyperSound - re dash cams and sound

* Pulse Racing - preparing for dyno

All have been free (although one tuner wanted to charge so SAU.NSW have switched across to Pulse Racing).

Most hosts put on a bbq.

All hosts receive an SAU Certificate afterwards

PS Is there anyone here who is willing to inspect 4 magnesium wheels for me at the Gold Coast. Am willing to pay $10/wheel for evidence of cracks, repairs or anything suss.

Sorry for the intrusion!

• Like 1

I bought a 32 recently after owning 13's for a few years and have been lurking around here wanting to join the QLD club.

Although, after reading that it's likely the club will close soon, is it still worth trying to join now? If so, why? How much longer do you expect to be around? (For people like myself, who might be sitting on the outside wanting to join)

Terry, valid points as always! One of the biggest killers for the club that we've seen is the rise of FB groups and groups of people without much backing them are able to go and book a happy laps session and they're all good. In NSW/VIC being part of a CAMS affiliated club means something because you need that for your license which you need for track events.

Because of this, and an Exec committee that is incredibly worn thin, there isn't the appropriate numbers at events. When I was running it, I was fortunate to have Cadmoon as my right hand man and we played off each other's strengths to build something strong.

The biggest issue though, quite frankly, is people who sit on the f**king fence. Seriously! People ask for obscure events, they get organised, less than a dozen people show up leaving the club in a bad place. Not only that, the guys who've put their blood and sweat into organising these gigs are now feeling down on themselves because they've failed. Should they take it personally? No. Do they? Yes. It's a tough calling.

So in a long, round about way, what I'm saying is that the growth of the club depends on the Members. People need to put their money where their mouth is and show up to events. I told Mouse ages ago that I can't make gigs because my car is busted and he knows that if I do turn up, it's a bonus. Others who say they can make it, don't pay, don't turn up and then complain there aren't enough gigs are the bane of the club's existence.

tl;dr - Club needs members to actually show up to events. Club will put on more events if more people show up. Club will continue to grow.

/rant

Yup I hear ya Tony.

Fb cannot compete against SAU's technical information - either in reliability or validity. SAU will always have these strengths. Even visitors from NAGTROC etc pop up wanting to know this n that now.

Nothing can compete with SAU for that but also that technical knowledge isn't contingent on being a member of a state chapter. In Queensland at least the young guys who buy 32's and 33's aren't interested in anything that costs them money and the GTR owners prefer to hang out in their own groups and don't associate with gtst/gtt owners.

When I organise almost every event and have the same 5 or 10 guys show up and all the people calling for events are no where to be seen I just get sick of it. The are also no people interested in being on the exec and helping the club grow. Closing the club is the last thing I want to do but unless things turn around it's almost inevitable.

Aaron, I would urge you to come along to the AGM and see what we decide to do. I have a few different ideas on how to keep the club going but in the end it's attendance to events that we need.

We have the same issues over at aus300zx.com with facebook and social media. the aus300zx forum has probably the best technical info for zeds in the world but activity is dropping in favor of FB.

And we aren't even a club.

• Like 1

sau members need to take a long hard look in the mirror and instead of putting down other makes,models and clubs look at how they are actually f**king this club by being ignorant and not supporting the club through events put on for your benefit,get your cars out of the garage and f**kn use them, otherwise f**k off,im so sick of the bullshit,you either want to be part of something great,or f**k off,its simple,dont complain when the clubs gone if you never supported it in the first place.sorry if this offends but its how i feel.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget this is tomorrow night everyone, as mentioned we will be discussing the possible closure of the club so if you want to be part of the decision please come along.

I can't make it tonight now. I'm catching up on a week's backlog of work after having time off to look after sick kids and wife at home. Cadmoon, can you proxy my vote if required? Cheers, Adam.

Hi Everyone,

The Annual General Meeting was held on Tuesday 30th of September 2014 at the Shannons Club House, Unit 5B/ 305 Montague Road, West End.

There were no objections to these members being appointed to the executive:

President
Michael (Cadmoon)

Vice President

Pete (sneakey pete)

Treasurer
Andrew (-Boz-)

Secretary - General
Mel (Melly)

Secretary - Memberships
Connie (conniestance)

Committee (non executive)

Thanks to all who turned up for the AGM, a very productive discussion about the future of the club was had so look out for changes coming soon.

A big thanks to the outgoing Exec's who have donated their time over the years to keep things moving. And a big thanks to the new guys joining us this year.

As always all the exec crew are happy to field suggestions and questions from our fellow club members - so don't be shy.

The Exec Team