SAU Community

5-2; You're Ticket To Weightloss

Cowboy1600

You can think whatever you like.

Just like I can think a person who considers another person who practices fasting is a "girl" must have some deep-seated insecurity about how others perceive them and is preemptively dishing out primary grade insults.

On a thread related constructive note, I found Intermittent fasting to be quite effective, however combined with clean eating I lost too much weight and now struggle to put it back on.

• Like 1

My mrs and I tried the 5-2 for about 6 months. We both dropped weight, maintained our diets when not fasting (we eat clean anyway) and maintained our gym cycles. The results were great. Good periodic weightloss as opposed to yo-yo dropping and putting it back on. We don't follow it so strictly anymore, however we lean out as much as we can around midweek. But its fundamentally the same concepts as usual weightloss techniques. Eat clean, exercise and keep calories out more than calories in.

My mrs gave it up because she fell pregnant. I still loosely follow it and think its ok.

I wouldn't rave about it as a "lifestyle choice" but the science is fairly convincing.

• Like 1

Think how many more Nismo parts you could buy if you ate (i.e. bought) 2/7ths less food a week!!!

He's been buying Nismo parts on the advice of a psychologist as part of his therapy. The psychologist speaks from experience.

• Like 2

He's been buying Nismo parts on the advice of a psychologist as part of his therapy. The psychologist speaks from experience.

I've just tracked down more Nismo parts. Just finding out if a mate can order them for me. :woot:

I see it as the "5-2" is an object as in the 5-2 diet, therefore Cowboy was just telling said object this it is the Ticket to Weight loss, he doesn't care about you nor is he trying to convince you to try this diet by implying is is "your" ticket to weight loss.

Also this for lulz:

ea45571a0ecc6118644c570eda38ef59b697c1d7

• Like 1

HA! I was hoping you wouldn't pick up on that, "You're (the) ticket to weightloss" would also be acceptable..

Actually let's get real pedantic, weightloss isn't a real world it should be "weight loss" and the "To" shouldn't be capitalised.

Now I've forgotten what the OP was about...

I think the 5-2 would work, but it's willpower and adhering with the program that would make any program successful. I know several people at work that do a weekly fast, one day of the week where they limit their diet that day to mostly just water or juice. They are pretty healthy and active.

Speaking of adhering to diet, think about how the Eskimos eat nothing but blubber, meat, bone marrow, organs, and blood, and yet are healthier than most westerners. Their "program" is the only program in the cold, could it be genetics or is it entirely possible to live off of blubber and the goo inside?

Speaking of adhering to diet, think about how the Eskimos eat nothing but blubber, meat, bone marrow, organs, and blood, and yet are healthier than most westerners. Their "program" is the only program in the cold, could it be genetics or is it entirely possible to live off of blubber and the goo inside?

Partly because most modern day westerners are too precious to eat anything but prime cut flesh, so they're not getting the nutrients that the organs, bone marrow and blood provide. Same as my cat, it needs a ratio of these things as a carnivore to be healthy. Not that humans are carnivore, but that's a whole other argument.

The second part is the percentage of processed crap vs actual raw foods, this is what i highlighted before, is a fasting diet with junk food won't be as good as a normal diet with clean food... fasting and clean food? Just need to think of a way to turn this into a fad and become rich selling common sense to morons.

I'd like to see evidence Eskimos are in fact healthier (how is that even measured; with longevity or with strength or physical fitness or susceptibility to diseases?) than westerners.

I'd then like to see this linked directly to their diet and not the thousands of other variables at hand (lack of pollution would be a massive one, considering difference in longevity between varying altitudes and isolation from industrial processes). There's a ton of variables at play here and I seriously doubt you'd be missing out on any nutrients by eating prime cuts of meat.

• Like 1

I think the 5-2 would work, but it's willpower and adhering with the program that would make any program successful. I know several people at work that do a weekly fast, one day of the week where they limit their diet that day to mostly just water or juice. They are pretty healthy and active.

Me! Because if I don't get arthritic, blind or don't suffer a heart attack or stroke I can drive longer!

Long live 6-1.