SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

2 hours ago, TiTAN said:

88e announcement without mention of gushing oil. Price has crashed hard.

Hideous reaction to otherwise positive news...or as DW called it...neither materially positive or negative. Based on that, I topped up.

Still not convinced it isn't market makers shaking a tree for cheap shares but eh, 88E's base has always been shaky and when the snowball starts tumbling...

The HC geeks seem to think it's good on the whole and that artificial lift hasn't even been implemented yet which is our lifeline for the gush.

All wills can be contested if you had defendants and shitty family members who want to vulture your possessions

Unrelated, this guy...stop in and say hi flamin mongrel

IMG_8810.thumb.PNG.8308c1fb327dec023fdcfd12587092a6.PNG

28 minutes ago, Birds said:

Fancy seein you round these parts

What driving these days?

tis' fancy huh!
Driving nothing, making the most of Myki currently lol
If all goes to plan possibly some wheels by end of the year.... maybe something to match my plates again ?

Finally got into my old email account to get my password reset for here to start looking through everything again.
Been a looooooooooooong time, good to see the OG names still roaming around :)

6 minutes ago, Down_Shift said:

If only we had 4 day 10hour working days... that would be perfect. 

Katie had that at the kids hospital then  12 hour shifts in western health for even less days attending work.

When I was Telstra support we had it for the last couple months prior to me leaving, I had my roster for 2 on 1 off 2 on 2 off, was perfect. every day was either just had time off or time off the next day so much less stress.

big fan of the idea really.

• Like 1

I've been an advocate of the 4 day fulltime week for a long time. Would happily take the extra hours. Remember it's not just one extra day a week to do shit you wanna do, it's one day less work too. Let's face it weeknights are mostly wasted.

Used to work 3-4 days part time and that was the best work life balance.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RBPOWA-(TJ) said:

tis' fancy huh!
Driving nothing, making the most of Myki currently lol
If all goes to plan possibly some wheels by end of the year.... maybe something to match my plates again ?

Finally got into my old email account to get my password reset for here to start looking through everything again.
Been a looooooooooooong time, good to see the OG names still roaming around :)

What are you thinking? Skyline?

lol I remember logging into email accounts at mt buller and posting shit from them...

39 minutes ago, Birds said:

What are you thinking? Skyline?

lol I remember logging into email accounts at mt buller and posting shit from them...

Skyline, nah cant trust society and these loose laws on scumbags so rather not have the headache of it being stolen.
Thinking Stagea again, didn't get to have my fun with the last one due to gearbox rebuild issues and rust of a Gemini.
The dude I sold the Stagea too ended up doing some work to it.
bigger turbo... forward facing plenum... fuel setup....ecu setup ...coilovers and the good old 20inch chromies :S
I actually found it a couple of years ago on Gumtree going for $5,000. would've been nice for parts if i had storage for it.

ahhh I remember you fast asleep while everyone was about to leave lol

I'd love to do a 4x 10hr day week as well. Would be awesome if part time gigs were more of a 'thing' too. 

E.G if you could take 1/5th or 2/5ths off a decent wage I'd definitely go for it. 

Not only is it less work days as birds said, it also gives you the chance to go out on your own a try something new to make the $$. 

Y'all sounding like a bunch of office folks.

Speak to dezz about 36hr weeks with 3% pay increases per year or go work in daycare if you want part time.

Im all about dat 70hr week 12 days straight. And thats not even FIFO. 12 on 2 off fifo roster, or 3 on 1 off 84hr weeks, dawg.

Speaking of fifo, anyone been to solomon islands? Weighing up whether i should go... Doubt there would be any instagram worthy food photos to take there. Heard its pretty unsafe and quite remote. But yolo and VWLBC.

33 minutes ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Y'all sounding like a bunch of office folks.

Speak to dezz about 36hr weeks with 3% pay increases per year or go work in daycare if you want part time.

Im all about dat 70hr week 12 days straight. And thats not even FIFO. 12 on 2 off fifo roster, or 3 on 1 off 84hr weeks, dawg.

Speaking of fifo, anyone been to solomon islands? Weighing up whether i should go... Doubt there would be any instagram worthy food photos to take there. Heard its pretty unsafe and quite remote. But yolo and VWLBC.

We are a bunch of office folks 

Read this today, not sure how legit it is:

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/careers/new-research-reveals-aussie-advertised-salaries-have-grown-over-last-year/news-story/bcdbb4071ef361db1820ccb441056c8c

But apparently education salary increase of 18% in the past year, I.T 10 percent etc. how/why would this be the case? I thought it's usually 2-3%.

Also I.T apparently 124k a year average salary, I must have a shit IT job then I guess, RIP me :( 

I guess it doesn't state whether these averages are MEAN or MEDIAN. 

Edited by UNR33L

advertised salary's....remember that's just to get interest then they give you the real offer...

it's like car ad's, that's just a kick off point for negotiation.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, emts said:

advertised salary's....remember that's just to get interest then they give you the real offer...

it's like car ad's, that's just a kick off point for negotiation.

Ah true, makes sense. 

In other news those local sports teams, should be a good game tonight.