SAU Community

My White Japanese Girlfriend: R33 Build

ebellis - Thanks man. Thought about it before but does it really matter? At the end of the day, it makes me happy. Lol. :banana:

V28VX37 - Thank you for the kind comment, mate. I'm glad it came out beautiful. :D

As long as you're happy and enjoying it that is all that matters :)

ebellis - Cheers buddy. :cheers:

XGTRX - Thanks man! :woot:

AngryRB - Thanks, Mark! I got it here in Malaysia. Sorry. Assuming that you're talking about the stickers, they are actually dark navy. Got some instagram filters going on there. Lol. :rofl2:

So.. bad news. Took the R33 out for dyno and discovered that there wasnt any boost. Got the car checked and found out that the original intake pipe shrinks whenever I accelerate. So I replaced it with a stainless steel one. Then took the car for a spin and still no boost. Did some brief research on the forum and found out that there were few possibilities. One being boost leak and the other, faulty actuator. Did the good old soapy water boost leak test and all was fine. So the main suspect, possibly the actuator.

So, I have decided to put the ECU installation on hold and just proceed with other mods before I get the car tuned. Here's what I have in mind:

1) Front facing plenum

2) Upsized Throttle Body

3) Intercooler

4) Intercooler Piping

5) Walbro 400lph Fuel Pump

6) Fuel Rail

7) Bigger and Meaner Turbo

8) 50mm Tial Wastegate

9) Top Mount Exhaust Manifold

Then..a tune.

Gonna start saving up for the big project. If things go well, 1 to 6 should be done by the end of this month. Will update soon.

no need for these things:

1) Front facing plenum

2) Upsized Throttle Body

Many people make silly power without the need for those items. Just get a Plazmaman swept back kit, similar to what i have on my car:

I can help you with sourcing the kit too if you want, as trak-life is a Plazmaman reseller :)

DIY-Skyline-Radiator-14-of-14.jpg

Woahh. Clean engine bay. What a sleeper. :wub: Frankly tho, I'm heading a different direction. Lol. I'm planning to mount the turbo up top. Tho, quick question.. Wouldnt the air travel quicker thru a front facing plenum? Or is it irrelevant altogether?

nice engine bay johnny, but sits too low in bay, need more cubes :nyaanyaa:

I'd recommend a sinco top mount with GT3076 anti-surge, very delicious,

carry on :ph34r:

Edited by AngryRB

nice engine bay johnny, but sits too low in bay, need more cubes :nyaanyaa:

I'd recommend a sinco top mount with GT3076 anti-surge, very delicious,

carry on :ph34r:

hahahha... prick, well once this motor grenades I might do something more fun. It's looks nicer now, more black in it now :)

better go twin scroll too, single scroll is gaids

• Like 2

Interesting... Johnny, quick link to your build thread?

In just a few posts, I actually learned a lot from you guys. Twin scroll actually sounds like an awesome plan. Had to google/youtube it. Lol. :sweat:

Engineering Explained - Twin Scroll Turbocharger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7JTRRlSEYI

Thanks mate. Its a love hate kinda thing. Some love it. Some hate it. Lol.

350kw with stock internals?! Thats insane. Dont I need to replace the pistons and what not? Guess I'll be revising my power goals. Hahahahahhaa. Did a quick search on ebay and found that there're few specs for the gasket. Bore 87.0 or 88.0 / Thickness 1.2mm or 1.5mm. Checked the forum and many debated that stock gaskets are more reliable. Whats the truth in it tho?

Anything but Cometic (i.e. don't use them) HG will do the trick. Stock bore is 86mm, however "usually" when people slot in new pistons they clean up the block and naturally that increases the bore.

RB25DET NEO motors are stronger though... there's a 34GeeTeeTee on this forum making close to 400kW with stock HG, stock studs on his track car.