SAU Community

Jordy's R34 Gtt

Car is back together and idling without leaking, success!

Now begins the fun of track day prep, got a Wakefield day coming up in late march which sounds far away but track days always sneak up and my plan is to be well and truly prepared.

I have a bit of a list of things to get done, and one item on the list is to replace my fuel pump. I don't think anything is wrong with it per-se however it's been making some strange sounds for over a year now and knowing my luck it will let me down at the worst possible time, so in order to ease my conscience I just ordered a new one.

Pretty simple job, new fuel pump kit and Fuel tank O-Ring, the O ring is important!!

G8UNDsFl.jpg
3 things for a good time ;)

Start by clearing out your boot and finding this pannel

cSSFW2Dl.jpg

Balance the wires out of your way as best you can

nUhyXIEl.jpg

Stick your arm halfway into the tank (which is full to the brim of fuel, very convenient!) and fish this thing out..

VOzGm8ml.jpg

Pull the old pump out and slip the new one in.

mHYBOeGl.jpg

Opted for the DW200 which is more than fine for my pretty much stock car..

lZvHXlfl.jpg
Qn2mwWbl.jpg

..and as you can see, it's pretty much the same as the walbro that was in there, so I just plugged it in and was all finished!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2018 at 7:24 AM, MrFijiGold said:

Lovin' the updates mate. Keep em coming :)

What is your PB at Wakie?

Cheers! From memory a 1:16, keen to get back and see how it goes with new suspension, bushings and a 1.5way LSD!

• Like 1

Spent some time this afternoon doing a few little jobs to tidy up the car.

I started by replacing the breather hose between the inlet manifold and the PCV valve. When I replaced the PCV valve a while back the stock hose crumbled and I replaced it with some fuel hose as a bandaid fix. This worked really well, so well in fact that I forgot about it for a long time.

This is the hose:
DrJ7gVVl.jpg

And I installed it with new hose clamps:
FEEG5i4l.jpg

During the week I also ordered 2 rolls of Turbosmart's vacuum line as I've wanted to replace some old vac lines in the engine bay for a while now. With a roll of 3mm and 5mm I managed to replace every vac line from the throttle body forward and next weekend I'll finish the rest, pic as an example of what I was cleaning up:

L9jNGm6l.jpg

As you can see, the old vac lines are fine but getting a little crusty, best to bin the lot and start fresh.

Once that was done I got to work sealing up the radiator overflow nipple, this has been annoying me for a while now.

With an 8mm spanner I pulled the nipple out, whoever assembled this radiator did it up way to tight and almost stripped it out but thankfully it survived

2LnQ5H6l.jpg

kgiNrL2l.jpg

I then wrapped it up in thread tape and sent it back to work, so far so good and the slight weep is gone!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Car has been awesome, finished off some track day prep before heading down for a private Wakefield day and had a blast!

Flushed the brakes
20sgbtcb.jpg

And replaced the Greddy panel filter with a new HKS one, as it had a bit of debris in it!
rd41rOSl.jpg

With the car on 4 stands from doing the brake fluid I put the wheels in another car and dropped them at the tyre shop for a set of Hankook RS4 Tyres which have been great so far!

BwjPkYol.jpg

So we got up early and drove on down, here's some pics from the day!

ARx6qI3l.jpg

UhX7QJNl.jpg

SQ8vixfl.jpg

nHLIVa8l.jpg

YULidEul.jpg

Car performed perfectly, no complaints at all! It was a fun day of getting used to the car on the track, this is the first time I've been back at Wakefield with the new diff and suspension setup so it was very interesting. I also swapped cars with a friend for part of the day which is an r32 gts-t which was good fun.

I recently bought a new set of headlights to install, but other than that the car is just running perfectly! :) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jordy32 said:

Yeah that would be cool!

Did I see you on the track day? With a blue S15? guy with a trak-life shirt, i was too nervous to talk to (maybe)you so not sure lol

hahaha nah, just a car I helped build and tune :)

That was Du and his brother Minh - they're friendly, just go talk to them next time!

Don't worry, you'll know when I'm at the track - I'm the loud and annoying one.

4 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

hahaha nah, just a car I helped build and tune

That was Du and his brother Minh - they're friendly, just go talk to them next time!

Don't worry, you'll know when I'm at the track - I'm the loud and annoying one.

He is the asian guy that talks like wallah and is probably cooking/eating :4_joy::4_joy:

hahahah gold, looking forward to it :4_joy:

I've also ordered an oil cooler kit as I plan to do more and more track days in the near future, very exciting!

I'm also pretty set on selling my recliner brides and getting a fixed back for the drivers seat, driving my mates R32 with a fixed back immediately after driving my car has changed my perception big time! I guess we'll see what happens :)

9 hours ago, Jordy32 said:

I'm also pretty set on selling my recliner brides and getting a fixed back for the drivers seat, driving my mates R32 with a fixed back immediately after driving my car has changed my perception big time! I guess we'll see what happens

How much do you want for the recliner brides ?

Had some time to kill today so decided to change the diff oil in the car! I've gotta replace my engine oil too, but waiting for the oil cooler to arrive to do that job.

Pretty easy job really, jack up the back of the car and pop it on stands, remove the filler bolt and then the drain bolt and catch the oil in a pan, try not to spill it, it's thick and smelly.

7PRlsn3l.jpg

I'm going to try 80-140w it might be too heavy but I'm not really sure. I've driven my friends car with the same diff with 75-90 and it's ok but nowhere near as "bitey" as I'm used to. If it's too heavy I'll drop it and put 75-90w in.. I bought both

Irr2LsLl.jpg

Anyway, use your oil pumpy bottle to pump oil into the diff until it starts coming out of the fill bolt like so.

fn8UrIbl.jpg

Put the fill bolt back in and snug it down nice and tight, then wipe up the mess to keep your diff nice and clean :)

XsAPBIkl.jpg

Done!

• Like 3

Took the car out for a test lap last night, diff feels so much nicer to drive with now that the nismo oil is out - It's still pinchy in car parks which is to be expected with an aftermarket LSD, but all the clunking and carrying on is gone, beautiful to drive with now, feels like it's meant to.

I've also ordered some new brake fluid, I'm going to try the Project Mu G/Four 335 as the $8 repco special copped an absolute beating at wakefield and i should probably replace it - It's a bit pricey, but I'm a big fan of Project Mu and their gear, it's never let me down so I'm happy to give it a go, I'll report back on that later.

Yeah the Nismo and Kaaz oil seem to make the diff super "chattery". Most likely because it contains less friction modifiers.

I've use the same LSD oil and it is much quieter on the street, however I'm thinking it's probably not a good thing either as the discs are slipping rather than resisting to provide the lock as it's supposed it (this is purely bro-science at its finest lol)

• Like 1