SAU Community

Dyno'd My Single Turbo R32 Gtr *video*

Precision 6266 .81 A/R T4 single scroll @ 17psi. Stock motor, stock cams. I'm hoping when I put my HKS Step 1 272 cams in it, will make a little bit of difference with spool up.

Less chat more boost!!

hahaha, yeah. I will do that after I upgrade headbolts.

Yeah it will make a difference, it's called more lag with longer duration cams :)

Is that actually always true? Wouldn't longer duration exhaust cam let out more exhaust flow to spool the turbo faster? Or would having more duration intake and more duration exhaust just equal out and have me where I currently sit as far as lag is concerned?

Yes, always true.

Your essentially shifting the motor's efficiency to the right.

Whoever recommended you longer duration cams for response should go read a few text books and educate themselves (saying that very nicely).

You want some more response, I suggest going to a twin scroll setup, ie divided housing, proper twin scroll manifold, twin gates.

Yes, always true.

Your essentially shifting the motor's efficiency to the right.

Whoever recommended you longer duration cams for response should go read a few text books and educate themselves (saying that very nicely).

You want some more response, I suggest going to a twin scroll setup, ie divided housing, proper twin scroll manifold, twin gates.

No one recommended me longer duration for response. I bought the cams before going single turbo. So I have them to put in still. Looks like I'll be looking for a twin scroll setup in the future...or stroker kit lol

No one recommended me longer duration for response. I bought the cams before going single turbo. So I have them to put in still. Looks like I'll be looking for a twin scroll setup in the future...or stroker kit lol

Put the cams in and boost it. Get that face stretch going.

I saw your dyno.

I'm on Tomei Poncam A's with the 260 duration intake and 252 duration exhaust on a stroker motor with divided exhaust housing on BW 8374 EFR IWG .92 housing and I am seeing full boost in 4th gear around 3600 rpms, but full boost in 3rd right at 4k. I'm spinning to 8k rpms and 17 psi is 464 whp and 371 ft-lbs toqrue.If you look at Tomei's website about their stroker kit, my horsepower numbers follow their dyno almost exactly with a 20% addition in power (converting to flywheel from wheel HP). If you notice, there appears to be about a 400 rpm shift to the left from going to a stroker with a bit more top end due to increased displacement.

I'd say your numbers are on target to be honest. We both need to apply more boost and/or move to E85 (which will definitely be my next step - give me a couple of months). I'm still trying for 500 whp on pump gas which should be possible up around 19-20 psi and I would bet it would hit 400 wtq there as well.

Also it should be noted that if I were to go for total streetable HP ON 93 PUMPGAS on a RB26 with stock cams, I would go smaller than 62mm turbo chargers - I would pick something in the high 50mm...like BW 7670 or in your case 5862. These will all have a better powerband and will make the car more usable on the street if less than 20 psi boost. The 7670 would be insanely fast and responsive. I was going to go there, but when the stroker decision was made, i scrapped it for 8374. Again, you'll be limited to 8k or less rpms and likely 20 psi or less, but you'll have better powerband for sure.

I have attached my graph, I'd like to compare the two if you have a printout of yours (or could put it in the attached excel spreadsheet).

dyno converted.JPG

dyno converted.xlsx

Tomei stroker information.JPG