SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

2 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Interesting, is that similar to how anti-phasing works? I hear that terminology thrown around a bit however given we aren't in race cars or F1 cars I've never bothered to read further nor investigate further.

Yep, that's basically it.  Some ECUs that support it are a little rugged about it and effectively just make the two 3-ports act like a single 4-port - basically using one 3port to apply pressure to one side, and block pressure from the other on an inverted scale.   Others are more elaborate and allow you to set rules for how each side is driven, the Link has multiple PWM tables so you can set an open loop rule for how one of the MACs is driven and then make the other side deal with the finer control.

I tune mostly lower spec race cars but still things like this aren't really that complicated, when people will spend $1000 more to get a slightly more responsive turbo, or do massive head porting etc (btw I'm not bagging that, just saying it's worth the effort to consider this kind of thing) to get incremental gains when you can actually spend another $100 for a MAC valve and do a bit of wiring and button pushing to have a substantially bigger improvement in usability of a car - little wanky tricks like this can make much more difference to how a car performs in real life than the things people put in bragging lists :)  Devils in the details.

Edited by Lithium
  • Like 1

@Lithium very informative, might look into the kebabtech software when I next decide I want to drive it and see if it exists, high chance it might not exist as I find with kebabtech they only code in functions/features based on demand. It was only recently they've finalised DBW cruise control, however I don't know of anyone that has successfully implemented it on their car.

VW lyfe has changed me... still haven't even put the car on the dyno to tune it - you can see/tell the cbf factor is high now and I'm right at the end of the tunnel too, well close to it as I can clearly see the light but there's no interest.

1 hour ago, Count Grantleyish said:

Smashing.

Bathroom reno eh? You're putting a bidet in? 

Tempted but no, just a normal toilet suite, floor to ceiling tiles, new wall mount 1.2m vanity and semi frameless shower.

Only reason we are doing this is because the old water proofing is mcforked and we need to rip it all out. So might as well send it, new cooper tray, waterproofing, new tiles and will be putting in all porcelain tiles NOT ceramic junk (which isn't as water resistant).

Upside: House will be worth more, wife will be happier with modern bathroom to match out kitchen, laundry

Downside: Bye bye ~15k, and we won't enjoy it much - planning to sell the house.

And in random news, this dude tried to break into our car. Realised there was a surveillance camera in his face, ran out then went to my neighbour's house and took all of his coins from his car. Once done, he and his mates decided to go to my other neighbour's house and steal his Camry and drive out by ramming the front gate. That didn't go to plan, so they all took off and dumped the car there.

If anyone knows him, please tell him to come back and fix our gate, we would be very happy if he did.

playback_file1570653279094.jpg.890efdd6cd74226364494a0a71d9f40f.jpg

playback_file1570653357204.jpg.3cfe5251b3866ad55366a13b65022666.jpg

That's pretty scary stuff.
Entry to the house from the garage? Where you home?
Id be keeping a baseball bat near the door!

Hard to tell if he is wearing gloves, did he leave any finger prints?.

Entry to the garage because my garage door was open, but the door to the house via the garage was locked. Our garage door roller has been playing up a little where it snags and goes back up when I close it. Probably didn't pay attention last night it was opened all night.

Yeah we were both asleep at that time, I generally keep screw drivers around the house in places :) Easier to explain yourself as you just grabbed a screwdriver you left from installing ikea furniture rather than having a bat there purposely to beat up people.

Damn, I bet you watch that roller door from now on, and glad the internal door was locked.
so may people I know leave it open. and a Roller door is pretty easy to force up too. Had to do that a few times for my mum when she looses the remote 

LOL good point on the screwdriver :)

1 hour ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Entry to the garage because my garage door was open, but the door to the house via the garage was locked. Our garage door roller has been playing up a little where it snags and goes back up when I close it. Probably didn't pay attention last night it was opened all night.

Yeah we were both asleep at that time, I generally keep screw drivers around the house in places :) Easier to explain yourself as you just grabbed a screwdriver you left from installing ikea furniture rather than having a bat there purposely to beat up people.

https://youtu.be/kD4EKpzirAs

5 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

And in random news, this dude tried to break into our car. Realised there was a surveillance camera in his face, ran out then went to my neighbour's house and took all of his coins from his car. Once done, he and his mates decided to go to my other neighbour's house and steal his Camry and drive out by ramming the front gate. That didn't go to plan, so they all took off and dumped the car there.

If anyone knows him, please tell him to come back and fix our gate, we would be very happy if he did.

playback_file1570653279094.jpg.890efdd6cd74226364494a0a71d9f40f.jpg

playback_file1570653357204.jpg.3cfe5251b3866ad55366a13b65022666.jpg

What a flamin mongrel. 

And that's pretty decent picture from the camera.

5 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Tempted but no, just a normal toilet suite, floor to ceiling tiles, new wall mount 1.2m vanity and semi frameless shower.

Only reason we are doing this is because the old water proofing is mcforked and we need to rip it all out. So might as well send it, new cooper tray, waterproofing, new tiles and will be putting in all porcelain tiles NOT ceramic junk (which isn't as water resistant).

Upside: House will be worth more, wife will be happier with modern bathroom to match out kitchen, laundry

Downside: Bye bye ~15k, and we won't enjoy it much - planning to sell the house.

Nice plan you got there, as long it bumps the value up more than 2/3 times of the budget of the reno. 

3 hours ago, mlr said:

Lol trust you to always find the weirdest shit lol

35 minutes ago, Count Grantleyish said:

Nice plan you got there, as long it bumps the value up more than 2/3 times of the budget of the reno. 

Yeah I hope so too haha.. I wanted to spend less but the wifey (with her new found passion after watching a few seasons of the block) wants it to look nicer than it needs to be.

Can't argue with her, she does have better taste but I don't want to spend the money.

At the end of the day, I prefer the bedroom than the couch or floor.

9 minutes ago, Count Grantleyish said:

Happy wife = happy life hey?! 

That's it, not to mention she let's me spend stupid amounts of money on a useless shit box that depreciates each time you blink or go to turn on the engine.

It consumes money even when it's dormant.

(That's why I got her the Tiguan lol, kind of a distraction)

11 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

That's it, not to mention she let's me spend stupid amounts of money on a useless shit box that depreciates each time you blink or go to turn on the engine.

It consumes money even when it's dormant.

(That's why I got her the Tiguan lol, kind of a distraction)

That's decent compromise, and that's good. 

42 minutes ago, Count Grantleyish said:

That's decent compromise, and that's good. 

and it has launch control, AWD, makes fart noises in Sports, chops plenty of cars and not to mention actually handles bloody well... the active dampers makes me horny though, it's so good.

• Like 1