SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

Buying a new car isn't the be all and end all you think it is.

I still battle daily/weekly with buying another S14 for skids even though I have a perfectly capable albeit expensive skid car (f80 m3).

3 cars is probably already enough I don't need a 4th really....

That's true, however the creature comforts and all the tech aids in new cars make driving just so much more fun. Want smoke? press a button, want crackles? press a button, want firmer suspension? press a button.

Let's see, maybe once I hit up Wakefield again and chop a few GT-Rs I might be happy again.

Yeah but you just don't feel as engaged with the car.

Something that is a nice daily that you can take to the track is still going to be compromised.

Unless you are daily driving the 33 I don't see the point in changing it out.

Yer I find I only ever use the paddles on down shifts for braking, very rarely on acceleration. 
Generally off the lights its just gas it lol
But if I was going for a run up Macquarie pass or something like that, Ill use the paddles

Oh an only ever when the wife isn't in the car lol

• Like 1

A year later, decided to get off my arse and update the engine number, also the 1st time I've driven it in 3 or more weeks.

It's not slow aye? Got it a bit sideways then I stopped and thought, I really need to keep my license for work so gave it a few more hits now it's back in the backyard.

ummm.. not sure, it's covered in dents/rust - puts me off and I need to throw the Nissan idle control valve in the bin, and also the throttle body and go DBW.. The idle control reacts so slow and stalls sometimes with the AC on, I suspect it's filled with gunk and crap from 20 years of terrible air filters and engine blow by.

But that's money I don't want to spend and time I don't have to setup the DBW lol... so it stays how it is.

25 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

ummm.. not sure, it's covered in dents/rust - puts me off and I need to throw the Nissan idle control valve in the bin, and also the throttle body and go DBW.. The idle control reacts so slow and stalls sometimes with the AC on, I suspect it's filled with gunk and crap from 20 years of terrible air filters and engine blow by.

But that's money I don't want to spend and time I don't have to setup the DBW lol... so it stays how it is.

f**k the a.c. off, open a window.

#streetcar

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rotated the wheels on the beast, man 20s aren't light. They're like 25kg per corner!

Dealer wanted to charge me $40+ for a wheel rotation during the $420 service, yeah nah.

Also, wheel bolts are torqued to 140nm not 100 ~ 110nm like wheel nuts.

Yes those are OEM lock bolts :)

20190922_100314.thumb.jpg.689ed2744f1f570e65e111ecc4130758.jpg20190922_103945.thumb.jpg.338eb33a666b0835145e487444bb2ecc.jpg