SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

• 2 weeks later...

No real updates, just been driving it here and there and slowing dialing in the tune. Looks like I need a new FMIC, after a few 3rd gear pulls the IATs are going well into the high 40s, low 50s.

Last night, did a light touch up because I now need to daily the R33 to and from work whilst the Tiguan is in for hail repairs from last year.

Here's a log of a somewhat "large" rear housing and setup, nearly 1.3bar by 4000rpm in 3rd! I think I can get it to come on even earlier by lean spooling it a tad, but it's a bit hard to dial on the street.

Once I'm happy with it, I'll go hire a dyno and finish it off on 98RON, then one day I'll go and do the flex tune. I suspect I'll hit 330~350kW on 98RON :)

image.thumb.png.49d5aadb7155d73e63d00c77df0b179a.png

3 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

In the right spot :)

GM IAT sensor, post intercooler BUT not inside the engine bay to avoid heat soak.

It's just in a plastic housing or in a metal one? 

On 6/26/2019 at 7:28 AM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

If I had a wild, open cheque book build the car would go to Benny at Benchmark Solutions for wiring.

Do it, keeps me in a job ?

It's evo city, need to get a good (subjective term here of course lol) skyline in for a full rewire.

Have been helping him with bits and pieces of his wiring for over year now, although really stepped it back recently as my new job has taken all my free time away. But if you send your car up I'll happily do a front to back on it [emoji23]

Check his latest FB post for the electrical dream system you could have. That's out of the ERS evo6 that Benny and I did.

On 24/07/2019 at 12:57 PM, Vodkashotx said:

Seeing as you're on the wiring mind if I ask; Do you use the factory knock sensors? 

(I f**ked my plugs on removal and finding replacements is proving a bitch)

Kinda, but they're pretty inaccurate. I generally don't push the tune on any car running 98RON also generally not knock limited.

On E85 it's much harder for you to knock, unless you've really cocked up the timing to cause any pre-ignition or actually knock with buckets of timing. 

Generally when you feed in timing and you're not gaining any additional torque, that's time to stop. Feeding any more, you'll start to lose power and be eventually knock limited.

I'm planning to only push it to about 330~340kW on 98RON then send it's mum on E85.

Been to many music festivals, clubs, raves around Australia and other parts of the world but just last week I was fortunate enough to go to Tomorrowland in Boom, Belgium. This year marked the 15th Tomorrowland to take place. It's amazing how the entire country takes such pride and involvement in the festival and people of all ages are supportive and participate in such a magical experience.

Anyhow, probably no-one or very few are interested in this but if you do then here's a few photos of the mainstage on closing night. My wife, friends and I were lucky enough to get a great viewing point, right on the viewing platform that was closest to the stage.

FWIW, I came dressed in a VB singlets and a Bunnings straw hat ?

20190729_000841.thumb.jpg.9be3ec15ed41d102549d76a639b73293.jpg

20190729_000839.thumb.jpg.b8f611b0b8226b27ce49d8760aff2253.jpg

20190728_234818.thumb.jpg.da0f097cb6fd044dd1b6872e557d3b9b.jpg

And here's Day 1, mainstage. Just casually sporting a Bunnings hat lol.

IMG-20190727-WA0055.thumb.jpg.4ef2075e45958f82195667a4d7fb24ef.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GTofuS-T said:

Belgium is such a nice country with nice people. I went to Rock Werchter many years ago and by far the best concert experience I've ever had.

It is, also Europeans party very differently to others. You could easily spot the Americans and Aussies. American girls dressed like wh0res with tape bikinis and ar5e cheeks hanging everywhere and the Aussie girls weren't far behind. The guys were just total morons, sliding down the hill, pushing and shoving people. At the rate we're going, wouldn't surprise me if they limit/ban Aussies in future.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, niZmO_Man said:

Nice. Been meaning to go, always see friends' photos and it looks awesome.

I did go to Sensation White there, my first rave. Was fun, but wasn't into EDM that much back then.

Should do it man, such an amazing experience. Nothing like any festival I've been too and especially better than the Aussie version of Sensation White (what a disaster).

21 hours ago, MBS206 said:

Would love to go to TomorrowLand. Has always been a want but never mad either so far :(

Do it man, people there were going with their parents too! Those Europeans party hard lolol