SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

so tru

my nugget fiesta drives so much better than the s14 that i no longer care for driving it

better brakes, better seats, faster, sharper steering, super slick gearshift, perfectly weighted pedals with no slop, awesome oem suspension and tyres (AD08R's), the fake but still cool induction noise, the driving position... list goes on

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, admS15 said:

Also, can the Tig do skids?

Unfortunately no, once you kiss the limiter it shifts into 2nd. Tried many times to do helis but can't.

It does however have amazing launch capabilities. I think I'm close to maxing out the number of LCs the car is allowed to do lol.

20 minutes ago, GTofuS-T said:

sounds more like the no-track blues, just take it, thrash it and fall in love again, and not that ghey motorkhana stuff either (yeah it's fun but still..)

image.jpeg.4f3b0d4401569952ccdc074557060e2b.jpeg

new  cars are so much better but not as fun. Get back to the track and enjoy the work you have put in.
I spent 2 days at QR & Morgan Park recently and so glad I didn't sell the 180sx. 

• Like 2

All comes down to time, money, etc. 

To really enjoy the R33, there are 3x options

1. Race on the street (cheap, illegal)
  2. Race at Wakefield (expensive, legal, far away)
  3. Race at EC (SUPER expensive, get like 4x session in a whole day, close by)

Then there's the hassle of taking it out, I live in a townhouse and it's parked in our yard, I need to shuffle cars around each time I take it out.

Let's see, I do like the idea of a fast, clean daily that I can take to work - then detour to Wakefield.

"I do like the idea of a fast, clean daily that I can take to work - then detour to Wakefield. "

Yer I get that, That's why I bought the "WIFE" a 2017 XT Forester. Just a shame they cant tow for shit!
but in saying that, I most likely wouldn't take it on the track. its too nice lol 

14 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

All comes down to time, money, etc. 

To really enjoy the R33, there are 3x options

1. Race on the street (cheap, illegal)
  2. Race at Wakefield (expensive, legal, far away)
  3. Race at EC (SUPER expensive, get like 4x session in a whole day, close by)

Then there's the hassle of taking it out, I live in a townhouse and it's parked in our yard, I need to shuffle cars around each time I take it out.

Let's see, I do like the idea of a fast, clean daily that I can take to work - then detour to Wakefield.

Buying a fast clean daily literally only changes 1 thing. Ease of moving cars around. The rest remains the same, it's not a real solution and you end up in a more boring car to track. 

Either find a better/easier way to get to the track (store car in a storage shed with a couple mates or something) or just sell up and forget it. 

2 hours ago, ActionDan said:

I am going to go against the grain and say he should sell it off and buy something he can use/enjoy

except he thinks it's worth what he's put into it so that'll never happen ??

sounds more like the no-track blues, just take it, thrash it and fall in love again, and not that ghey motorkhana stuff either (yeah it's fun but still..)
Nailed it. Wakefield 2-3 times a year, EC once or twice a year will cleanse you of this modern gayness you've been preaching. Don't be lazy brah, moving cars around is easy.
  • Like 2

Ahhh, compromises. 

Welcome to my world.

No garage space, need to park outside, garage is full of the Mrs and kids crap, 3 cars in the family, soon to be 4, kids want food, Mrs wants "stuff", meh.

All really want for "my" car is one I can drive to work for so I don't get wet, drive up the mountains for pies, drive to Qld for work, cheapish rego, cheapish insurance, relatively good on fuel, BUT, is reliable, handles well, has good mod support and parts are easy to replace, must be RWD manual though, and new.

Apart from that it's the Mrs ASX (shitbox) for when we all go out.

I'm not happy to risk my car at a track day anymore, and as for big power, where are all the big powered cars, in garages the majority of the time, or workshops because you took it out, and it broke again, or was that just my old Skyline?

Until I win lotto that is, but unless its some chrome bumper car, the only other car I will own is a new model car.

Whilst Skylines and Supras and RX7 are cool, they are dinosaurs that need to be wrapped in cotton wool.

Unless you have more money than me, or a drug dealer.

Hmmmm, compromises and hard decisions suck

All valid points made, might start it up hit the anti-lag and scare the birds then turn it off again.

Also these days I make less of an effort to drive it, because I now need a license to get to and from work - where as b4 no fuarks given because I took public transport to the CBD. I work in North Ryde now (aids as fuark, drive 1hr OR public transport 1hr 40min).

When was the last time you've seen me go to Mexico? :( 

28 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

All valid points made, might start it up hit the anti-lag and scare the birds then turn it off again.

Also these days I make less of an effort to drive it, because I now need a license to get to and from work - where as b4 no fuarks given because I took public transport to the CBD. I work in North Ryde now (aids as fuark, drive 1hr OR public transport 1hr 40min).

When was the last time you've seen me go to Mexico? :( 

Mmmmmmmm, Mexico run?