SAU Community

Must have a GTR

sammy081

Must have a GTR

Hey guys,

Sam from Melbourne here

have always loved skyline gtr's from when I was a kid. Never owned one for some reason, as I had plenty of opportunities to buy. I currently own a 2016 mustang GT.

I have decided to sell to pursue a skyline gtr build. Hoping to get some research done to see which way I should go. 

Really looking forward to it.....

IMG_9098.JPG

Hey man,

Good to hear you are looking into GTRs. So I have a question for you. What is the Mustang actually like? 

I have an un-based theory (i haven't driven one) that these would be good in traffic and good in a straight line, but not much else. Am I just jealous?

I was always keen on a GT-R but it seems the boat has sailed now. The good cars are not up for sale, the average stuff is way overpriced for age and condition... should have bought something a couple of years ago

11 hours ago, Steve85 said:

Hey man,

Good to hear you are looking into GTRs. So I have a question for you. What is the Mustang actually like? 

I have an un-based theory (i haven't driven one) that these would be good in traffic and good in a straight line, but not much else. Am I just jealous?

Honestly mate, it is really enjoyable to drive as a cruiser. Its very punchy, comfortable and ticks most boxes. For the same price, I don't think many new cars provide that little bit of everything like the mustang does. 

It handles not bad to be honest, but not like the previous cars I had (Wrx, Evo 7).

i prefer turbo charged power delivery in a heart beat

• Like 1

9 hours ago, junkie said:

I was always keen on a GT-R but it seems the boat has sailed now. The good cars are not up for sale, the average stuff is way overpriced for age and condition... should have bought something a couple of years ago

Yeah it's definitely looking like I will have to import. I know where your coming from.....there was a clean black 34 gtr I saw on Carsales that I was following for a while. Long storey short , the price went as low as 37k through the duration of the ad. And I could have easily bought it......Dick head I was......

Skyline all the way mate, have driven a mustang, very nice and lots of character but you'll never match the character of a skyline in my eyes.

i wish I had a £ for everyone that had a skyline, then sold it, then wanted one again..