SAU Community

R34 GTT - Nismo Gauge Cluster - Odometer

Hi all,

I've finally got a brand new Nismo combination cluster for R34 GTT.
- Did anyone manage to transfer odometer readings from the old cluster onto the new one? 
- Does anyone know a workshop in Sydney area that can do the job?
- Is it possible to register odometer change with RMS (RTA) without transferring the odometer readings from the old cluster onto the new one?

All help is appreciated.

20180614_144905.jpg

• Like 1

Not legal to alter an odo reading, regardless of which direction you need to alter it.  Also, RMS would not care one shit how far the car has gone, whether real or resulting from speedo/odo swap.

Because you are putting in a brand new one with zero clicks on it, just take a photo of your old odo reading next to your phone showing the date and/or a newspaper showing the date that you do the swap.  That should be enough proof for anyone later that the kays you claim are true.

• 3 months later...

My understanding is that it is illegal to change the distance the car has travelled, not change the new clusters reading to match the car. I transferred mine accross to the nismo cluster and took photographs of both reading the same. I checked here in NZ before doing it and was told I can do it that way.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I'm in the same situation; I bought a new nismo r34 cluster to fit on my R34 gtr

Could anyone give me some info to adapt the mileage ?

Otherwise if the chip where the mileage is stored is the same then I will do some soldering job...

Best regards

Edited by bigboss59400

You need a 93c56 eprom programmer they cost about $15 on AliExpress and I used software called Ponyprog2000 which is free to download. De-solder the chip from your old cluster. Read the information from the old cluster, it will look like this:Capture.PNG.7cf0c1fe11f7088b0e98b02091bf7bb4.PNG

The hexadecimal code in the red boxes is your mileage. Copy it to the eprom of your new cluster.20160622_193812.thumb.jpg.df4ef8141af2a2fb9cf14d8a2de72df2.jpg

Your car now shows the true mileage it has travelled. Take photos of the mileage of both clusters and also the clusters side by side as evidence that the mileage has been transferred. This picture is of a GTT cluster but I can confirm it is exactly the same for a GTR.

I have not tried to do a straight swap of eproms and when comparing between the old and new eprom you will see a lot of differences in the Hexadecimal code. This way you are only transferring your mileage.

Edited by NZ-GTT
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

hello

how To remove the cluster board ?

I removed all the screws however there is something which is blocking in the speedometer area 

do I need to unclip the transparent front, unscrew the 2 screws which holds the speedometer and also remove the needle?

or do I need to unclip the black plastic (and so the front transparent plastic which is clip on the black part)?

best regards 

1577812055989424843722.jpg

15778121021041630743866.jpg

15778121947541736789388.jpg

Definitely do not remove needles and dial faces. You must remove all the screws on the circuit board including the ones holding the gauges and it should lift off the back of the cluster. You can disassemble it like in the picture but I found it was not necessary to remove the front covers on both the GTT and GTR  clusters.

20160620_175420.jpg

• Like 1

Yes I removed all the screws...the speedometer part is still blocking in some way; hard to explain without a video.

Yes I noticed the DIP package of the eeprom however since it's on the other side I can't determined the exact part number and thus the interface of it (SPI or 3 wire) and the memory organisation.

Anyway I will try to removed the front cover

thanks