SAU Community

Gtr quaiffe front diff oil?

SiR_RB

From their website:

"The Quaife ATB differential has been designed to use the standard transmission oils"

The factory website promotes Fuchs Titan oils but the New Zealand agents sell only Syntrax 80 -140

• 2 weeks later...

Just a note on the diff oils weight wise. If you've got any substantial power through your driveline go the 75w140 on front and rear diffs even if they are standard Nissan in GTRs LSD or open. The Motul gear competition stuff or Castrol saf-xa (or whatever it is called now, Syntrax 80w140 I think replaced it) is the only stuff I use after my 15+ years with my GTRs. I was using 75w90 in front diff while dragging with open diff at 450+kw at wheels, and it turned my front crown wheel and pinion into junk. It seriously wore away more than half of the gear tooth profiles on crown wheel and pinion making the edges razor sharp, which they are not supposed to be. There were not any backlash clearance issues either, only happened when the wick was turned up. The same applies to dog boxes - 75w140 only or you WILL kill any of them.

It makes it really easy if you run a dog box because then you just run the same oil in front diff, rear diff and box.

BTW I run Quaife front and rear diffs in my 32.