SAU Community

Need help on R32 gtst

Ok guys I got an issue I’d like to hear your thoughts on. I have a r32 gts-25 non turbo that I swapped a rb20det into a few months back. Also added split dump, full 3” TBE, nistune, wideband, and other gauges. So when warm it has always had a breakup in boost at WOT. It was getting to around 11psi on my boost gauge. So I also had a 45v1 rb25 turbo that I had planned to throw on when I was diagnosing the break up, since I would already have everything apart. This past weekend I installed the turbo and used the actuator off the 20. Replaced coil packs/ gapped to 0.8/ changed afm and still had the breakup. So tonight I was out driving. I pulled over and disconnected vacuum port to BOV to see if there was any difference, and boom, the misfire/hesitation under WOT was gone. She ran and drove great, even though it had flutter. But the weird thing is I am only getting 7 psi constantly even though I changed the actuator off the 20 that I personally have had hitting 11psi for months. I’m hoping the couple beers I’ve had this evening might be having me miss something obvious...sorry for the novel. Thoughts please!

If you disconnect a bov it will leak when there's boost in the system. Pressure helps keep it shut.

Do you have a wideband? If leaking boost out of the bov made it run right it would be crazy lean otherwise.