SAU Community

long term dreamer finally an owner

Stuart Q

Hi Everyone,

As per the sIMG_2591.thumb.JPG.0723146483ad97ae0d50da1319957348.JPGubject I have always wanted a nice R32 GTR. marriage, kids, house etc etc had always been in the way.

Had been looking at auction in Japan for ages but kept getting beaten at the post on nice cars. 

Ended up finding this car in Melbourne. Its not perfect but it is a pretty neat example. Genuine 68,000km. I have all the export docs showing kms in 2013, 2015 & 2017. Also has log books.

Thanks for reading. See all you Sydney siders at the GTR festival in May.

Stuart

IMG_2653.JPG

IMG_2570.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Robzilla32 said:

So the saying goes, if you want a GT-R, you need to be able to afford two....so you can afford four?

Sweet looking ride. How does a "Tommy Kaira" differ from our garden variety money pits?

I’ve hardly driven it to be honest. Suspension is much stiffer, lifts the inside rear tyre just getting up the driveway. From what I’ve read all the shocks are swapped out with adjustables. Much more turbo noise. I’m going to take some serious photos around and underneath the car which I’ll share with the forum

1 hour ago, Stuart Q said:

I’ve hardly driven it to be honest. Suspension is much stiffer, lifts the inside rear tyre just getting up the driveway. From what I’ve read all the shocks are swapped out with adjustables. Much more turbo noise. I’m going to take some serious photos around and underneath the car which I’ll share with the forum

Oh. I forgot the clutch and gearbox. Short shift is amazing. Just the tiniest click up and down to change gears. Miles shorter throw then the standard box. The clutch they have used is hard work. Almost old school brass button tough 

8 hours ago, niZmO_Man said:

Could have after-after-market parts on it (suspension, clutch, shifter) but yeah, would be good to see what differs from "vanilla" GT-Rs

It has a HKS exhaust. All the other bits are straight from the Tommy Kaira factory when it was built