SAU Community

R200 30 spline stub axles, which model?

Wait, hang on, what is your original diff housing and centre in it ? Was under the impression you had a GTR housing with an existing 30 tooth spline centre and you had 30 spline 6 X1 half shafts. Are you saying now you don't have a GTR diff ? As already mentioned 30 spline 6 X 1 bolt half shaft is only found in 89 -92 R32 GTR. It is not unknown or random, that's what they are, and are not helical. Again, the R33GTR is the same but 31 spline.

No S13 - S15 or Skylines have 6 X 1 half shafts, only GTR.

S13 and early S14 are 29 spline with 3 x 2 half shafts.

Late S14 and S15 are 30 spline again, with 3 x 2 half shafts. These would fit an R32 GTR centre being 30 spline but no one ever would do that. People retro the GTR 30 spline 6 X 1 half shaft to an S15 or 96+ S14 diff centre so they can use the stronger GTR drive shaft axles.

You don't know what original actual diff housing you have do you ?

Are you sure you don't have a late S14+ diff that had 30 spline centre, 30 spline R32 GTR 6 X 1 half shafts and you bought an early S14 29 spline OS giken centre ?

Ben "Are you sure you don't have a late S14+ diff that had 30 spline centre, 30 spline R32 GTR 6 X 1 half shafts ....... ?"  That in effect is what I have. 

If the only difference between the various 30 spline stubs is the number/disposition of bolt holes then the OSG replacement for the helical should fit shouldn't it?

Edited by 260DET

Alright, that clears things up, still up shit creek.

OS giken do not make any 30 spline for S13 -S15, 29 spline only, they make you go back from a 30 to a 29 if you've got an S15 and hence why you got what you got. That's even shittier as you won't be able to use any GTR half shaft or axle.

Brings you back around to a 30 spline option like a Cusco, Kaaz or Nismo diff, if you want to use your existing 30 spline 6 X 1 half shafts and axles.

3 hours ago, 260DET said:

My diff is supposed to be out of a S14

S14 did not have helical. Only S15. If parts of your diff are from an S14, and it is helical, then not all of it is from an S14.

OSG diff for an S15 helical MUST have different stub axles to their product for S14. The helical diffs do not have odd length stubs like the viscous pooballs do.

40 minutes ago, BK said:

Alright, that clears things up, still up shit creek.

OS giken do not make any 30 spline for S13 -S15, 29 spline only, they make you go back from a 30 to a 29 if you've got an S15 and hence why you got what you got. That's even shittier as you won't be able to use any GTR half shaft or axle.

Brings you back around to a 30 spline option like a Cusco, Kaaz or Nismo diff, if you want to use your existing 30 spline 6 X 1 half shafts and axles.

I've been looking at the linked OSG page where they indicate that their D-NA402061405-S replaces the S15 OE helical using the helical stubs, see https://www.osgiken.co.jp/pro_lsd/nissan.html

Am asking a few sellers if that LSD has 30 splines, my head is spinning.

22 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

S14 did not have helical. Only S15. If parts of your diff are from an S14, and it is helical, then not all of it is from an S14.

OSG diff for an S15 helical MUST have different stub axles to their product for S14. The helical diffs do not have odd length stubs like the viscous pooballs do.

Could be a S15, have had it for at least 10 years, memory. The 30 spline stubs I have are the same length.

Definitely not GTR as they are unequal length. Had a look at that diff and you could be onto something. Looks like that new centre could have 30 spline, require equal length half shafts and be exactly what you're looking for.

On 10/03/2020 at 3:23 PM, BK said:

Definitely not GTR as they are unequal length. Had a look at that diff and you could be onto something. Looks like that new centre could have 30 spline, require equal length half shafts and be exactly what you're looking for.

No response from any of the sellers contacted to try to confirm that 30 spline 6x1 hole stubs will fit. Pffft, its only a couple of grand, why bother?

Neither RHD or Nengun have got back to me yet, I guess that they will contact OSG. If all else fails I'll take a punt, I've found that the stub axles to suit the CUSCO helical measure the same as mine and CUSCO list their LSD for the same model S's as OSG do.

Edited by 260DET

Within a day ? Chill out and give them a chance to respond to you after they find the correct info for themselves from the manufacturer. Patrick and Russell at RHD are awesome, and absolutely do not talk shit and will be straight with you giving you the correct information.

18 hours ago, BK said:

Within a day ? Chill out and give them a chance to respond to you after they find the correct info for themselves from the manufacturer. Patrick and Russell at RHD are awesome, and absolutely do not talk shit and will be straight with you giving you the correct information.

Nah, enquired Monday, plus an Aussie which had advertised them. Maybe they all have the groanervirus.

• 1 month later...

Just to confirm 30 spline half shafts are interchangable between eachother? I have a Nismo 1.5 way with I believe R34 GT-t 30 spline half shafts. I've been looking for info that early 32 GTR 30 spline half shafts will fit so I can upgrade to 6x1 axles. 

From what I can see they look just about identical except for the obvious flange differences.

I need to pull my half shafts out and see what I've actually got as Nismo sometimes do some funky stuff using 2 of the same shaft etc.

received_242860523518254.jpeg

received_540071300276764.jpeg

33 minutes ago, klutched said:

I have a Nismo 1.5 way with I believe R34 GT-t 30 spline half shafts. I've been looking for info that early 32 GTR 30 spline half shafts will fit so I can upgrade to 6x1 axles.

I'm not sure I follow your line of thinking.

VLSDs have uneven length shafts that are not common with any other R200. Aftermarket diffs that are made to go where an VLSD was and use the original shafts will, of course, have the unequal length shafts. So you couldn't put equal length shafts out of a GTR diff in, etc.

Having said that, Nismo diffs, in particular, come with shafts to replace the original unequal length ones, which I think are basically the same shafts as you get in the open diffs. Your GTT diff shouldn't have OEM shafts in a Nismo centre.

Regardless, I thought even the various different spline count GTR axles were non-fittable into lesser models' diffs because the bearing diameter was different, regardless of both being 30 spline, or whatever.

33 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

I'm not sure I follow your line of thinking.

VLSDs have uneven length shafts that are not common with any other R200. Aftermarket diffs that are made to go where an VLSD was and use the original shafts will, of course, have the unequal length shafts. So you couldn't put equal length shafts out of a GTR diff in, etc.

Having said that, Nismo diffs, in particular, come with shafts to replace the original unequal length ones, which I think are basically the same shafts as you get in the open diffs. Your GTT diff shouldn't have OEM shafts in a Nismo centre.

Regardless, I thought even the various different spline count GTR axles were non-fittable into lesser models' diffs because the bearing diameter was different, regardless of both being 30 spline, or whatever.

Sorry I have just checked back when I ordered brand new genuine ones. P/N is 38220-0V771 (left) and 38220-0v770 (right). I punched in the P/N's and it linked me to OS Giken LSD which lists R32 GTR, ER34 and Z33 on there. 

https://www.streettuned.com.au/shop/all/os-giken-super-lock-lsd-nissan-skyline-r32-gtr/

I would assume if I replaced with those part numbers with the 6x1 half shafts it would go straight into my diff coupled with a set of 6x1 GTR axles and hubs?

Ive just removed the right side half shaft from my center and confirmed it is a 30spliner.

Screenshot_20200424-144417_Chrome.jpg

20200424_144609.jpg

Edited by klutched

Within Nismo, the GT LSD uses different shafts, not supplied, compared to the GT PRO LSD which does supply shafts, and indeed are sometimes the same length using two short shafts.

That table your referencing from OS giken does not mean all the shafts on that table are interchangeable with each other at all, they are all different models of diff centres. For example, there is no 30 spline from giken to suit a GTR rear centre. Notice how on BNR32 it says use the 38220-12U00 and 38220-12U01 if existing is 30 spline, that's because the 12u shafts are 31 spline to suit the new giken centre. That link from street tuned is very misleading also, indicating you can use all of those different shafts in the same model, which is incorrect, as the shaft part numbers mentioned are all different spline counts and lengths as already mentioned.

As Gtsboy said, R32 GTR 30 spline shafts might not fit for other reasons like the bearing shoulder being bigger, but if you do have 30 spline unequal half shafts already the only way to confirm is to physically try them.

If you want to try them the correct standard R32 GTR 30 spline half shaft part is 38220-05U10 for the right and 38220-05U11 for the left. This is what is compatible on Nismo GT LSD (not PRO) for the GTR rear centre. This I can confirm as have purchased many 05u, 12u and 24u GTR shafts.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BK said:

Within Nismo, the GT LSD uses different shafts, not supplied, compared to the GT PRO which does supply shafts, and indeed are sometimes the same length.

That table your referencing from OS giken does not mean all the shafts on that table are interchangeable with each other at all, they are all different models of diff centres. For example, there is no 30 spline from giken to suit a GTR rear centre. Notice how on BNR32 it says use the 38220-12U00 and 38220-12U01 if existing is 30 spline, that's because the 12u shafts are 31 spline to suit the new giken centre. That link from street tuned is very misleading also, indicating you can use all of those different shafts in the same model, which is incorrect, as the shaft part numbers mentioned are all different spline counts and lengths as already mentioned.

As Gtsboy said, R32 GTR 30 spline shafts might not fit for other reasons, but if you do have 30 spline unequal half shafts already the only way to confirm is to physically try them.

If you want to try them the correct standard R32 GTR 30 spline half shaft part is 38220-05U10 for the right and 38220-05U11 for the left. This is what is compatible on Nismo GT LSD (not PRO) for the GTR rear centre. This I can confirm as have purchased many 05u, 12u and 24u GTR shafts.

Awesome thanks for clarifying that! Is that a standard factory item or is it different to suit the Nismo LSD? Have a mate with an early 32 GTR diff there that I might be able to test if so.