SAU Community

MLR's Bogan cruise ship

On 16/10/2021 at 11:21 AM, GTSBoy said:

Just leaving this here ....

?

Are you saying I need a Skyline, or, more boost, or, less boost, or, more timing, or, E85, or, a turbo, or a built motor?

Or, obviously, skid vids?

On 13/10/21 at 12:30 AM, mlr said:

She has already tested the guilt trip waters with "a 4wd with a big bull bar would be alot safer than the little Yaris you got me, wouldn't it dad"

Meh, as she says, she's my favourite financial burdon...

And that’s when you say the new 4wd she buys herself will be very safe 

On 16/10/2021 at 1:08 PM, r32-25t said:

And that’s when you say the new 4wd she buys herself will be very safe 

LOL, that's perfect world senario 

What's going to happen is that I will help her pay for it as she has only been working part time for the last few months

She's a good kid

And yes, I'm a sucker for my little "bunny rabbit", she has me firmly wrapped around her little finger

As a father should be

• 2 weeks later...

Harrop has had the blower for a while and after strip and inspect it found a issue with a rear bearing

It should be all fixed up and back together today and picked up by the courier 

Pity that express delivery at the moment from Melbourne to Sydney could be anywhere from 1 day, to 1 week

I'm hoping for the car back early next week, I'm planning on heading down to Goulburn after the 01 Nov to see my daughter for a while, I haven't seen my little "financial burden" for what seems like an eternity 

LOL, I always tell the young officers to never ever say the word "hope" in any orders or briefs as "Hope is not a planning tool"

Colin Powell said it in some speech years ago, well, he said "hope is not a strategy" anyways

It's been plagiarised and slightly changed ever since and can be found in the parliaments, boardrooms and war rooms across the world 

I'm not sure if old Colin plagiarised it, but it's a good little quip to throw out when people planning seem to rely on hopes and dreams, instead of actual real management tools

In other news, I'm not dead, I did go blind for a little bit, which was a worry, so ended up in hospital a week or so ago

It was a little scary for a bit, basically a Claytons stroke, (the stoke you're having when you're not having a stroke)but doctors, meds and pretty nurses came to my rescue and they let me out last Friday 

Who would have thunk that you dont need all of your internal carotid arteries working.....

My left is fully blocked and out of the game for good, my right one was about 50% blocked

My ticker on the other hand is as strong as a ox, which help me to, ummm, not die

Apparently high cholesterol was the culprit 

Needless to say I will never drink (alot), smoke or exist on a gluttonous fatty delicious diet again 

And apart from needing to take a few pills every day, and wearing a cool monitor (heart bug) for another 24 days, not that I'm counting, I'm good to go again, to a point

Doc has said a big no to heavy weight training, but I can still do light cardio and circuits, which is noice, and definitely better for my old joints

And whilst I though that cutting down on eating copious amouts of red meat would end me, I'm actually enjoying eating sensible and healthy, and even at only a week out, I'm actually feeling better than I was before I dropped my showbags

Cool story......LOL

20211026_183650.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Whilst I always hated the supercheap mesh on body kits, I found a purpose for it that I don't hate

Before

20210916_151812.thumb.jpg.b9505e30d6c8ae8558f71e23cf545b64.jpg.e8cda56928bb1d086018dc458cbce54c.jpg

After, held in place with black Permatex gasket maker, LOL

20211112_164457.thumb.jpg.c3356509746dde1968c298467b82d4fb.jpg

The red bogan cruise ship is representing in the bikes exhaust pipe

It came back home a while ago after the blower was returned to Harrop for diagnosis, apparently a bearing was dodgy, and the supplied pulley belt was faulty, 

Now, the thing is so quite I cannot believe it's a LS

I cannot rate Spiro and his team at Autotech Engineering high enough

The removal and replacement and all of the shipping didn't cost me a cent, even though the actual fault was not caused by Autotech, they still owned it and covered it all

I need it to dry up for next Wednesday so I can hit WSID, I'm sweating on giving it a good hard hit a few times to see what sort of MPH/ET it makes over the 1/4 on the RS4's

• Like 2

On 10/26/2021 at 6:09 PM, mlr said:

I dropped my showbags

20211026_183650.jpg

Shit! I missed this. You poor/silly bastard.

Time to consider some 5/2 fasting or similar**. Good for helping with cholesterol issues, along with all the other stuff.

**But only after speaking to your quack, of course.

• Haha 1

On 12/11/2021 at 6:14 PM, GTSBoy said:

Shit! I missed this. You poor/silly bastard.

Time to consider some 5/2 fasting or similar**. Good for helping with cholesterol issues, along with all the other stuff.

**But only after speaking to your quack, of course.

Yeah, life choices are being examined and actioned on

No more booze, at all

My diet is pretty clean "now", but my main issue was portion size, there is a limit to how much good food you can stick in your head 

It's not actually that hard to change your ways after spending some time in the stroke ward at Liverpool hospital, that ain't a happy place

I've done some pretty sketchy stuff in my life, but nothing compares to the fear I felt when the Dr said what was going on, I fair on was shitting myself

Funny thing though, when I rang Jackie to tell her what happened she said she was heading straight in, I told to wait and get a pen and paper, when she came back to the phone she sounded all teary, until I told her to write down Autotech Engineerings address, "because if I die you don't know where the car is".....I think she thought I was going to lay out some death bed last words gold...LOL.....she did well in holding back the rage

But now, thanks to the Dr's, drugs and watching what I jam in my head, it's looking rosey again, and only another week of wearing berty the bettle heart monitor 

Fingers crossed 🤞 

• Like 1

Pinchweld the world

Bogan bike filter cover got some pinchweld with side bulb to seal off the engine side, I'm finally happy with the outcome 

20211113_125254.thumb.jpg.ca00489d2d59b76da0609d00e0e485c1.jpg20211113_125157.thumb.jpg.25e1c655692b2d913b860b29c0fb5209.jpg

And the bogan cruise ship got some pinchweld where the holes in the bonnet are, I'm sort of happy with the outcome, it's better than what it was without it, meh, first world problems

20211113_125120.thumb.jpg.ecbf03d5df6571432e2fda89d4a5654a.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think I don't like my bogan bonnet

LOL

I think I don't like it enough that I got a new old bonnet and have booked it in for the new bonnet to be paint matched

Also doing front bar as well due to 20 years of bugs and chips

Meh

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 13/12/2021 at 12:00 AM, Kinkstaah said:

At least you aren't debating a last ditch bogan bonnet mod as the only way to get your AC working without the thing overheating... 😛

The reverse cowl won't help with the flow of the radiator/condenser stack

Quite the opposite really, unless your just sitting in traffic

The Blits bonnet I had on my old 33 on the other had did help

1648437492_drags24oct12.jpg.879f31254a7d061a485550ab3e9fb604.thumb.jpg.4e17421e3ce3b4565248f9c19894e586.jpg

What is going on under the car, like the undertray and its design, you might be able to look there

My LS has got a few things going on it the stack, the rad, the condenser, a trans cooler and the WTA heat sink 

Stock radiator, stock thermostat stock waterpump

Pre reverse cowl, even on the hottest days, sitting in traffic, the temp floats between 85-95°, with the aircon on, WTA temp was 45-50°, post reverse cowl it lives around 95°, and the supercharger WTA temp gets to 60° and takes alot longer to drop after a big hit

On 12/13/2021 at 8:11 AM, mlr said:

unless your just sitting in traffic

This is the only situation I have a problem 😛

I spent a lot of time on the weekend moving stuff about (was able to get about 100mm by tilting the condensor forward) and taping up shrouds/various holes to force more air through it, slimming down chunky brackets etc. Seems to have helped, but a true test will be on some long commute on a 30+ day.

I also did the ricer bonnet spacer up at the back, yes I'm aware this could cause air to be pushed INTO the engine bay at speed, but I have no issues at speed - only at idle.. so I'm assuming it's an issue of fan efficiency and/or trapped heat being unable to get out effectively.

As an aside, I found that the LS stock condensor (i.e the one in your car) is 130mm wider, 40mm taller and 2mm thicker, and probably about as close to the LS radiator, so the size of the condensor in my case can't really be used as an excuse.

On 13/12/2021 at 9:25 AM, Kinkstaah said:

This is the only situation I have a problem 😛

I spent a lot of time on the weekend moving stuff about (was able to get about 100mm by tilting the condensor forward) and taping up shrouds/various holes to force more air through it, slimming down chunky brackets etc. Seems to have helped, but a true test will be on some long commute on a 30+ day.

I also did the ricer bonnet spacer up at the back, yes I'm aware this could cause air to be pushed INTO the engine bay at speed, but I have no issues at speed - only at idle.. so I'm assuming it's an issue of fan efficiency and/or trapped heat being unable to get out effectively.

As an aside, I found that the LS stock condensor (i.e the one in your car) is 130mm wider, 40mm taller and 2mm thicker, and probably about as close to the LS radiator, so the size of the condensor in my case can't really be used as an excuse.

What do you think the main cause for the car overheating 

Are your fans effective?

Radiator size?

Thermostat?

Do you run the oem water pump or electric?