SAU Community

RB25det + 6boost + GTX3071r gen2 - catalyzer issue

Hello,

I just build a new setup Rb25det + 6boost + GTX3071r gen2. Car is crazy fast and responsive on stock interenals. Gasoline smell is so nasty makes me puke, cant drive with open windows for long time. What catalyzer can i use for this setup that will last for 1-2 years at last? I dont want to blow up my engine or new turbo.... so if this is a bad idea just tell me and i will drive with the mask on my face LOL.

Nengun have in the offer Apexi Catalyzer but i dont know if this one handles powers up to 500hp and will be good for my setup and wont damage anything.....what can you recommend? I just want to reduce the gasoline smell and not blow my engine. I dont care about passing the emissions....etc...

Here is the link to the catalyzer i was planning to buy

https://www.nengun.com/apexi/super-catalyzer

Is there a leak in your exhaust system or have you got a side exit pipe? Don't want to dissuade you from getting a catalytic converter but surprised that you have such a problem.

1 hour ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Is there a leak in your exhaust system or have you got a side exit pipe? Don't want to dissuade you from getting a catalytic converter but surprised that you have such a problem.

No leaks, its just daily driven car no side or front pipes lol. Little wind from behind with open widnows on traffic lights and the car is full of smell, makes me sick....

Edited by Tomak

12 hours ago, Tomak said:

No leaks, its just daily driven car no side or front pipes lol. Little wind from behind with open widnows on traffic lights and the car is full of smell, makes me sick....

what ecu? injector timing can have a big impact on fuel smell.

4 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Just get a 100cell Venom cat from Australia, 5" body, 3" flanges.

Those Apexi ones are junk and overpriced.

They also do a 400 cell one.

I can smell fuel with 2x100 cells.
I can still smell fuel with 2x100 cells and 2x400 cells.

But the 400's make a noticable difference. 
Most people seem to be pretty happy with the 100's though!

Or just close the window.

On a more serious note. May be worth checking if the boot seal is in good condition and sealing. I once had a car that had a crappy boot seal and what would happen while idleing at traffic lights, some of the exhaust gas would travel up past the seal and fill the boot with fumes. It wasn't a problem until you opened a window inside the car which would create a vacuum and suck the fumes into the cabin. Took me a long time to work out what was going on.

3 hours ago, GTofuS-T said:

maybe it's the tune? super rich?

Thats for sure, my last tuner said running rich is better, it protect the engine from destroying.....i think i have to visit second tuner anyway soon. I think i start from here. 

40 minutes ago, admS15 said:

On a more serious note. May be worth checking if the boot seal is in good condition and sealing. I once had a car that had a crappy boot seal

Thanks dude! Never thought about that one...never change mine yet, o_O

"Or just close the window." - 

...thats impossible for sure when this setup sounds so epic....:P. Just got myself a mask with ffp3 filter, i hope it helps for now.

Maybe i try this Venom Catalyzer then one day, thanks guys!